Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Class ring returned...

Today I got to return the class ring I dug a couple weeks ago, to it's owner, Sharon. The story behind the ring is pretty emotional. Sharon's daughter was wearing it while on a church hayride in 1990 and lost it in a 20 acre field. My co-worker told me that his church youth group has be out singing Christmas carols and sang outside the daughter's window that night she lost her battle with cancer 12 years later in 2002. My co-worker started getting a bit emotional just telling me the whole story.
My co-worker's dad owned the field where the hayride was held, and he told me about the lost ring in March along with the story about his uncle loosing what we thought was a quarter in the mid 1950's. (the two half dollar story of a few weeks ago) I had looked for the ring on the day I found the uncle's half dollars but only found a junker ring. When showing the junker ring to Sharon, she told us what her ring looked like and that her daughter had said that someone jumped out of the dark during the hayride and scared her and that was when she lost the ring. There was one spot on the hayride route that someone could have hidden and jumped out to scare her. That is where I found it on the 5th pass across the field.
I met up with Sharon today to give the ring back to her. Yes, she cried a bit and said that she thought is was lost forever and that her daughter always felt so bad about loosing it. She couldn't believe how great shape it was still in and promptly put it on her finger. Sharon kept hugging and thanking me. I told her that moments like this is what I live for in this hobby.

Heart wrenching, and awesome, at the same time. My heart goes out to the mother..and my congrats go to you Sir.
A truly awesome return with so much meaning.

What a story and such a good thing that you have done. I lost a daughter in 2004 and I know that every thing you have to hang on to is worth more than anything in the world. I know this Mom will cherish the ring that you found and returned. Just amazing.

Randy

Unbelievable, Joe. I have already heard the story from you, and yet I still can't believe it, and can't imagine the range of emotions the mother must be feeling! As iskirkra said, I am sure she will cherish that ring, more than we can imagine. I can't imagine losing a daughter...so sorry, iskirkra...

Joe -- simply INCREDIBLE!!!! You are a heck of a man, my friend...

Steve

Steve,

It is humbling to know that after all these years you can still help in the grieving process without even knowing someone personally. I do love the extracurricular tangents you get from this hobby. Again very humbling.

Joe

Wow,that's awesome. .. im a day late on this story.... is that a 1925 class ring? if so whom did it originally belong to? Great job on the return. .

It was a 1975 ring. It belong to Sharon (the woman in the picture with me). Her daughter was wearing the ring on the hayride when she lost it.