Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Class ring vdi numbers

Natedogg

Greeting everyone, I have yet to find a class ring. I believe most are 10k. Can those people that have found class rings chime in on what vdi numbers they were. I realize that gold rings can ring up anywhere on the vdi scale, but maybe class ring have a more narrow range. Thanks

Greeting everyone, I have yet to find a class ring. I believe most are 10k. Can those people that have found class rings chime in on what vdi numbers they were. I realize that gold rings can ring up anywhere on the vdi scale, but maybe class ring have a more narrow range. Thanks
I've dug 3 this year, first one was a woman's 10k, rang 12, the second one was silver, rang 23, today, a large man's 10K rang up at 19-20

I found a female's 1966 10K 5.6g class ring last month that rang in at 16. Now I have to dig all the pull tabs at 16! Yikes.
Please note that there is a positive correlation between VDI number and gold ring weight; the heavier the ring the larger the VDI number. So if you want an accurate estimate of VDI number for class rings, keep the correlation in mind.

Like the other posters, I have found 10K class rings depending on size and weight that had numerical IDs from 10 to 20 and usually had beautiful solid repeatable tones and unwavering numbers if they weren't too deep. In So Cal mineralized beach sand.................. I dig all deep targets.

Jeff

Thanks for the reply Jeff. I need to h it the beach more often, its hard with my work schedule. I see a class ring in the near future.

Thanks I will have to research some older parks. I mainly detect the beaches when I can, but would like to find some older coins. Just had some cards made up might have to start handing some out to gain permission on hunting some older properties.

Thanks I will have to research some older parks. I mainly detect the beaches when I can, but would like to find some older coins. Just had some cards made up might have to start handing some out to gain permission on hunting some older properties.

Guys I don't use the detector you do, but I have got 4 gold rings this year and it is just Feb. . I have about 500 rings in my hunting time, about 20 years, and find that the VDI's will be locked or just one or two # jump. I also dig a lot of pull tabs, but a ring will just sound better and not jump as much. Once you get this down in your brain, you can tell rings from pull tabs, not always but most of the time. If you have some rings lay them down with pull tabs and go over them with your eyes closed, you can tell after awhile what is what. Try it it will help you in the long run.

I found a jumbo men’s class ring on the beach. Largest ring I ever found, it weighed 27.8 grams of 10k gold and came in at 26. Size and quality of gold can make it anywhere on the scale. Beach hunting I dig all numbers.

. I'm doing pretty good in the jewelry department... So far this year I've dug 27 rings... 3 gold...8 junkers...16 silver, plus 2 gold pendant....and a variety of silver pendants
Your detecting lakes?
Good work happy Hunting Dan

I found a jumbo men’s class ring on the beach. Largest ring I ever found, it weighed 27.8 grams of 10k gold and came in at 26. Size and quality of gold can make it anywhere on the scale. Beach hunting I dig all numbers.
Wow 27.8 grams, that is awesome. Must have belonged to Andre the giant.

The ring size wasn’t that big, just allot of gold and only 10K. 62A34B0B-D7CD-40F8-B4EA-2FDF1ECFA6A9.jpeg
62A34B0B-D7CD-40F8-B4EA-2FDF1ECFA6A9.jpeg