Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Class ring vdi numbers

That is too cool, way to go. Just curious are most of your rings found in the wet sand, shallow water, if so how deep. Also do you usually hunt during low tide.

Tourist season I usually hunt low tide near or in the water. This time of year no one in the water so I hunt where water erodes dry sand on high tide. Looking for leftovers in dry sand from last season. Nox goes deep, a lot are deep. Dig it all, gold is anywhere on the scale. Pennies are at 20 and have found 2 nice wedding bands at 20. Here is some of my finds last year. Gold at bottom, silver between watches. F312F7EC-170F-47B4-B0B6-13D2159E558F.jpeg

Tourist season I usually hunt low tide near or in the water. This time of year no one in the water so I hunt where water erodes dry sand on high tide. Looking for leftovers in dry sand from last season. Nox goes deep, a lot are deep. Dig it all, gold is anywhere on the scale. Pennies are at 20 and have found 2 nice wedding bands at 20. Here is some of my finds last year. Gold at bottom, silver between watches. View attachment 1268
That a nice little haul of jewelry. I appreciate the tips. I have a number of tungsten, stainless steel , and other junk rings. Have not found much gold as of late. Hopefully things will improve soon. Thanks

I have bought an XRF gun and will post some info on class ring alloys and their ExCal VDI numbers based on their alloy. There are a bunch of 'Junk' class rings from the last 70's to early 80's that are Palladium alloys

I have bought an XRF gun and will post some info on class ring alloys and their ExCal VDI numbers based on their alloy. There are a bunch of 'Junk' class rings from the last 70's to early 80's that are Palladium alloys
Looking forward to what you have to report sounds very interesting.