Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Classring lost for 79 yrs returned to the owner today.

Grunter

I have had a severe case of the crud since I found this classring from the class of 1934. I finally got back to the land of the living and returned the ring to a 97 yr. old young man. He thought he has lost it in a local swimming hole. I found it in the yard of the home that he grew up in and still lives there on his own. He was happy, I was happy. He commented that it brought back alot of memories for him. I can only imagine how precious those memories are to a man of 97 yrs. I truly believe that if I am blessed to continue metal detecting for the rest of my life I'll not have the opportunity to return a ring lost for 79 yrs. to a person still living and doing well. I've got to call it a once in a lifetime opportunity and a blessing. Pictures of the ring are posted in the E-Trac forum. I videoed the return and as soon as I can figure out how to convert mpg. file to one that is acceptable to the forum I will post it.

There is a newspaper article in the Sunday edition 12-15-2013 of the Southwest Times Pulaski Va. if anyone wants to read it.

THAT is awesome!!!! Great job of finding and then giving it back to the owner. It's an early Christmas present for him.....and you, too. I agree on it being a once in a lifetime event. Be proud of yourself for a job well done.

I was just thinking this maybe the oldest find returned to the original owner on record. Anyone know of an older one?

Karma is watching you my friend and she will be nice... Thanks for your story you the man

Great story and congratulations to you. Yours is definitely the oldest ring that I've read returned to an original owner. An older return, though not a ring was written up in my old copy of 2009-2011 Minelab success stories mailer, which I'm able to locate the link to, and share this find from a class of 1924 (first grade)

http://www.minelab.com/usa/consumer/success-stories/medal-returned-after-86-years

Great job to both of you for returning those items. My grandmother lived to be 95 and I know she would have appreciated this kind of thing if it happened to her.

:clapping:

Great find!

I am glad the man whose ring you found expressed lots of joy when you returned it to him.

It's also not too late to mention it to your local news media. Maybe they would do a story and show how happy the man is to be reunited with his lost Ring. This could bring even more joy to him.

Thank you for putting it in the News Paper because the more positive stories people hear about our hobby, the less likely we will be banned from detecting in the future.