Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clay help: Calling all Bros & Sisters.

Trailduster

Okay all. I need some help from my Brothers and Sisters in the Equinox fam.

I have a 600 and although I don't post much, I'm a 10 year hunter and know my machine pretty well. 7 years on an F70 which is remarkably a similar machine, albeit inferior.

So, I'm nearing the end of the year and my count is 30 silvers and I need 32 to beat my 31 scored from 2019.

I have a spot that has produced 12 so far. An old school house in the woods and the ground is very much clay heavy.

Does anyone have settings for clay-heavy soil that can nail deep silver?

I pulled a 2" metal backed red plastic gem button at 12" the other day and most of my silvers have been at 6" or less. The plastic gem button was an iffy signal at best so that tells me I'm not getting the best my NOX can do in this clay.

I'm currently running Park 1, disc all but all negs, 0-10 and 15-19. Zero FE or FE2 and 25 sense.

I really wat to get those last 2 silvers and I'm certain there are more. This is virgin ground and a 1930's-60's school house and i've pulled many wheats.

Is the 15 - 19 Disc for iron? Mark just dug a merc that read 17 it was on edge! Might try some of the field settings, I personally use 2. I like your avatar, did you dig it?
HH Jeff

Is the 15 - 19 Disc for iron? Mark just dug a merc that read 17 it was on edge! Might try some of the field settings, I personally use 2. I like your avatar, did you dig it?
HH Jeff

Thanks for the advice. This spot has a lot of bricks from the school being torn down, so i run a very coincentric disc. Even then i get a hot brick now an again that comes in 30+.

The last time I was there I opened up the disc for 11-14 to grab nickles as well as 20-24 to grab pennies looking for "busy" area's. I may just have to go full 8-40 on my next hunt now that i've pulled so much out already.

And yes. I dug that coin in a sidewalk strip of all places.

I have been using Field 2 with the horseshoe button engaged. Sensitivity as high as the conditions allow. FE 2. Good luck to you!

Thanks for the advice. This spot has a lot of bricks from the school being torn down, so i run a very coincentric disc. Even then i get a hot brick now an again that comes in 30+.

The last time I was there I opened up the disc for 11-14 to grab nickles as well as 20-24 to grab pennies looking for "busy" area's. I may just have to go full 8-40 on my next hunt now that i've pulled so much out already.

And yes. I dug that coin in a sidewalk strip of all places.
I thought maybe you had been to the UK, it's still a nice coin!

If your recovery speed is set high., lowering it will give you more depth.
Of course you will need to also sweep slower.

Okay all. I need some help from my Brothers and Sisters in the Equinox fam.

I have a 600 and although I don't post much, I'm a 10 year hunter and know my machine pretty well. 7 years on an F70 which is remarkably a similar machine, albeit inferior.

So, I'm nearing the end of the year and my count is 30 silvers and I need 32 to beat my 31 scored from 2019.

I have a spot that has produced 12 so far. An old school house in the woods and the ground is very much clay heavy.

Does anyone have settings for clay-heavy soil that can nail deep silver?

I pulled a 2" metal backed red plastic gem button at 12" the other day and most of my silvers have been at 6" or less. The plastic gem button was an iffy signal at best so that tells me I'm not getting the best my NOX can do in this clay.

I'm currently running Park 1, disc all but all negs, 0-10 and 15-19. Zero FE or FE2 and 25 sense.

I really wat to get those last 2 silvers and I'm certain there are more. This is virgin ground and a 1930's-60's school house and i've pulled many wheats.
Trailsuster, I have tried Beach 1 in red clay and it seems to respond well. More quiet than park.
Just remember that changing your settings will be a challenge to your ears, no matter what you change.
Maybe just go slow and try for a higher tone and remember to dig the deep ones.
Tony

I thought maybe you had been to the UK, it's still a nice coin!
Surprising right? Unless it is counterfeit. But I found it in a strip in front of a colonial house in a busy old city, so who knows. People always ask if it's worth anything and I have to explain that its not common to find in US but people pull them with ease just planting flowers in a garden over in Europe.

If your recovery speed is set high., lowering it will give you more depth.
Of course you will need to also sweep slower.

I've been using recovery 1 because of the 15" coil. After giving spots the once over, I generally go back if I feel they are worth it and redo the spot at a dauntingly slow sweep almost like I'm painting edgework.

Trailsuster, I have tried Beach 1 in red clay and it seems to respond well. More quiet than park.
Just remember that changing your settings will be a challenge to your ears, no matter what you change.
Maybe just go slow and try for a higher tone and remember to dig the deep onesEdgeworth.
Interesting idea i had not considered. Will try that.

I have been using Field 2 with the horseshoe button engaged. Sensitivity as high as the conditions allow. FE 2. Good luck to you!

I'll give it a shot, but I find field 2 with the 15" is sketchy on a few shallow silvers so I abandoned it for park 1. Looking for deeper silvers in this clay I may have to reconsider.

Ok...I missed that about the 15" coil. I have no experience with one... And you are in the woods. Perhaps a smaller coil would be better. I hunt a lot of open fields.