Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clean that coil! ( what I should have known...)

gunwolf

so I bought this used e-trac a few weeks back after a few year hiatus and it looked clean enough, did a hard reset and I put in my old programs and hit the ground running... I have been finding coins but nothing really deep???? the machine has been going nuts every now and then... I have been having to turn the sens way down ... my last E-trac I ran hot.. between 27 and 29 all the time... so what could be the issue? well after a very short lived hunt at a new park this morning I decided to dismantle and check all connections and clean... well, when I popped that coil cover off...HOLY #*&@!! I have never seen sand and clay so packed into every recess in the coil and on top of that... a layer at least 1/16th of an inch coating the entire space between the coil and cover... I have been carrying the earth around with me, did the last guy detect in mud? it's amazing I was able to find anything. well cleaned it all up and it is now a super sport detector once again... can't beleive after all these years I did not figure it out sooner... my 13" ultimate coil arrives friday... so now my finds should go up!

I took the 12x10 SEL to the OR coast last year. When I got home and was unpacking I set the detector down with the coil up in the air (just holding on to it). There had to be enough sand run out of that coil to start my own beach, I had no idea......