Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Cleared lot silver

kschae4

Got out briefly Tuesday evening after work and hit a just cleared 200 x 100 ft lot that will eventually have condos built on it. No site or GC manager on site to ask permission, so I went for it. Original mansion appears to have been razed in the 1970s and much of the trash was heaped in a couple of piles in the middle. Just a minute into my first pass my headphones capture some sweet music combined with tdi bouncing between 38-39 . Turning over the plug yielded a nice 1914 Barber dime at 6-7 inches. Wow, I was feeling multiple silver was likely, but next two keepers were a toasted '68 or '88 IH (tid 33-34) and a '29 wheatie (tid 37)....(both cents are now in olive oil bath. Barber got a light cleaning with arm and hammer baking soda) .....Then , what I thought was my second silver is what I'm guessing seems to be a sheared off chassis of a '58 chevy or ford toy car or close to it. I'll be expecting to get back there this wekend...Stats :low density, relic mode. Thanks for looking....Sorry for the crappy pics, Iphone didn't re-size as well as regular camera, I'll have to work on that.

Cool dime! Hope you find more soon.

Yes, a nice silver dime there! There HAS to be more silver and maybe a gold?? coin/ring/jewellery there somewhere! Keep swinging there as much as you can before they chain link it off which they usually do to protect the machines and tools for building the new homes.

Thanks for nice words. Went by after work two days later and the green mesh covering over the chain link fence was fully placed around the property's perimeter. Went back Saturday morning to seek permission but fence was closed and no sign of site or GC manager... still pursuing.....HH