Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Clock winder found in bed of nails

Tony N (Michigan)

Finally got the headphones paired with the 800. Nice to be free of the wire.

Out back on the farm and dug this out of a bunch of nails. So many nails I finally gave up digging them.
Nice to know I can hear a good signal in the midst of the iron crapola. The hole was only about 6 inches wide.
Also found a nickel in another place but woopdido LOL.

That’s good to see the 800 doin stuff like this....way to go with stickin with it when you no there’s something other then nails down there....way to go..

dbado1 said:
Nice save. I love stuff like watch winders, tokens, fobs,etc.

Dean

I'd rather find a token any day or a fob more than a clock winder. But that's just me.

My most treasured fob has the Wright Brothers bi-plane on it.

sgoss66 said:
Wow, that's a GREAT recovery! What an ugly pile of iron that thing was hiding in, and yet you and the Equinox nabbed it!

NICE!

Steve

I was amazed how many nails I was taking out before I pulled out the winder.
There were so many I got tired of digging them out after pulling the winder. I was hoping something else good was down there.

On this old farm I can put a shovel anywhere in the yards and pull lots of nails. I wonder if I rented one of those magnets they lift cars
up with if I could solve the iron nail problem?

Ksdirt said:
That’s good to see the 800 doin stuff like this....way to go with stickin with it when you no there’s something other then nails down there....way to go..

Thanks Ksdirt. This property I live on really trains one to listen for that *different* sound.

Tony,

Nice find! That's a big winder!

Can you say whether or not you had covered that find area on prior visits with the NOX or other detectors?
Reason I'm asking is, I'd bet most of the [recent] batch of [fast VLF's] would have found that as it's a fantastic eddy current inducer in it's TRI-shape...

Good Hunting

Des D

Des D said:
Tony,

Nice find! That's a big winder!

Can you say whether or not you had covered that find area on prior visits with the NOX or other detectors?
Reason I'm asking is, I'd bet most of the batch of would have found that as it's a fantastic eddy current inducer in it's TRI-shape...

Good Hunting

Des D

Thanks Des D.
Yes, the area is next to the gravel driveway and I've gone over this area with many different detectors
over many years and have never found much of anything in this area. Interesting I could hear that clock winder
in the midst of those nails but never heard it with my other detectors.
I wish I had just marked the hit then gone over it with my other detectors to see if they could hear it.