Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Close Call!

Ron J

There were a lot of roof collapses, and we came close ourselves..... The roof on our Shipping Dept. Started to go...our Parts Mgr. Noticed a cracked gas pipe at the Heater. Yes it had started to leak, and he shut the gas off. We had the Gas Co. Come ASAP and turned the gas off in the whole building. We started shoveling the roof, and supported the roof inside with a few 4 x 4 's. Next morning we had a crew come with a Crane to remove a few tons of snow off the roof.
The Crew shovel it into the orange bags, the Crane lifts the bags, and emptys the snow on the ground. I in turn move it and pile out back. This went on for the whole day.
The next day, the Roof was shored up by a professional crew, the building checked for any other possible gas leaks...and was given the ok to turn the Gas back on, so we could turn on the heat.. Back to business....

Thanks for sharing this story and pictures. Please work safe and keep us posted. Kelley (Texas) :)

Decided to start collapsing off hours, chances are the building would have blown up from the Gas Leak. Fortunately we were open, no one got hurt, and the leak caught very early..
RJ

when they did. I found it inspiring how folks sprung into action as a team to shore up the roof. You have a good team. Please work safe! Kelley (Texas) :)

Great that you caught it before anything happened. Some folks weren't so lucky and had roof collapses. In our apartment we have leaks in various rooms and downstairs they have cracked walls. There is a lot of weight there. This week is warming up and hopefully will melt a lot of it.

Amazing........Just amazing. Yes, everyone was lucky and thanks goodness they're all safe.

I'm no scientist, but these weather patterns are not normal. One group is saying global warming, another is saying a new ice age is coming and another is saying the ice age is caused by global warming. All I know is that here where I live we're supposed to have snow and it's bone dry and in the 60s and where it should be springtime you're having to deal with that load of snow. I'm glad it worked out.....somewhat. The repairs will take time, but it could have been much worse.