Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Close up insects

I wonder if they can travel by hurricane .
I do not recall the time of year,but young spiders continue let out a strand of web till the wind catches it,off they go,they have been collected at over 20,000 Ft.

caught this this morning

Attachments

• IMG_0723.jpeg
    IMG_0723.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
That's kinda what I was thinking of
They can really get around.
Now I recall,back when I mowed every three days down the meadows(was a turf farm,112 acres of a big lawn)later one fall morning I went down to metal detect,spider web strands were covering the whole field,it was an amazing show.

Now I recall,back when I mowed every three days down the meadows(was a turf farm,112 acres of a big lawn)later one fall morning I went down to metal detect,spider web strands were covering the whole field,it was an amazing show.
WoW.
Did they let you detect ? Or come at you in force ? 😊

WoW.
Did they let you detect ? Or come at you in force ? 😊
It had not been harvested yet,web strands were all over grassy areas,once harvested is when I detect,that area goes back to 1635,found some awesome stuff there the last 10 years.

That's some interesting history.
I don't think they'd let me in Massachusetts. 😄

Any civil war history thru there ?

I have found 5 Civil War Tokens,there was a training camp for the 46th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry in the old high school athletic field,been hammered since the 60's,all I ever found was a .58 cal. rim fire hull.Found 2 46th Regiment buttons elsewhere in town.

I have found 5 Civil War Tokens,there was a training camp for the 46th Regiment Massachusetts Volunteer Infantry in the old high school athletic field,been hammered since the 60's,all I ever found was a .58 cal. rim fire hull.Found 2 46th Regiment buttons elsewhere in town.
It's kinda sad a great deal of hunting ground is covered in concrete,, asphalt and large buildings.
Have you tried following the civil war battle travels ?
What about old colonial roads ?
Sorry. Sometimes my mind out Pace's me.

Those are some nice finds.

It's kinda sad a great deal of hunting ground is covered in concrete,, asphalt and large buildings.
Have you tried following the civil war battle travels ?
What about old colonial roads ?
Sorry. Sometimes my mind out Pace's me.
Washington marched through Agawam main street to Boston.Detecting all around Agawam it amazes me how much is swampy and been bulldozed.

I'm Truly Sorry That Happened To You... These Fellows Are Close Cousins Of The Giant Japanese Murder Hornet...
I thought I'd been shot.

I thought I'd been shot.
yes... Very painful stings... And if you're allergic... several stings can be fatal.... It's no joke.... They can Kill a toddler... Their nests will pop up almost over night... And the nests come in pairs... The noticeable one will be down low... Usually in a fruit tree(crab apple, mulberry or wild cherry)... The 2nd nest will be up high... this way if the low nest gets taken out... the straggler/survivors just move to the up high nest... And they then proceed to build a 3rd nest elsewhere... Clever and Dangerous...

yes... Very painful stings... And if you're allergic... several stings can be fatal.... It's no joke.... They can Kill a toddler... Their nests will pop up almost over night... And the nests come in pairs... The noticeable one will be down low... Usually in a fruit tree(crab apple, mulberry or wild cherry)... The 2nd nest will be up high... this way if the low nest gets taken out... the straggler/survivors just move to the up high nest... And they then proceed to build a 3rd nest elsewhere... Clever and Dangerous...
The nest was on a low hanging branch,hit it with the rake handle end,BANG.

The nest was on a low hanging branch,hit it with the rake handle end,BANG.
That's About right.... And you didn't know it was there... because 12 hours earlier.... It wasn't... They don't make a lot of racket... for the most part they're fairly quiet and stealthy... unless you just happen to be right next to the nest... you'd never hear em...