Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Closed out July with 2 gold chains and a found/lost/found 14k ring

bob.oz

These two chains,18k 15.7g religious & 14k 10.1g cat, are the first gold chains I ever found with the Xcal....... They were found weeks apart.
The 18k chain is all one piece having no clasp and is 32" long. The pendant is marked 18k and the chain, although having no tag/mark to show what k it is, tests at 18k also.
The 14k chain is broke at one end and was dangling out the scoop like a strand of spaghetti when I first saw it. The cat pendant, (marked 14k), was keeping it from falling through the scoop. I was lucky that the pendant could not slide over the clasp, if it went the other way the chain could have slid right off the pendent and through the scoop leaving just the cat in the scoop without the chain.
My luck didn't end there...................
Last week I was out hunting on a really bad day to be water hunting. There were big waves rolling in and breaking on the bar and a strong out going current to fight that had me asking myself a few times, what am I doing out here. The usual smooth sandy bottom was full of holes from the pounding surf that had been going on for 3 days and it was really hard to walk on let alone swing the coil over the uneven bottom. After an hour or so I turned around and started heading back with the $1.25 in coin that I had found when I got a nice 14k,8.7g gold band. Thinking what luck, I put the band in my pouch....I thought, and continued hunting for several more minutes.
I soon found a dime and when putting it away in my pouch discovered the ring was not there. Backtracked and refound it twenty minutes later only because I was a looking up at the beach when I first found it and had a good idea where it might be. Feeling relieved and lucky, I made sure the band was in the pouch this time and called it a day. GL ALL

You scored with those chains :)
Lucky guy ... good recovery on that ring.

You found those pendants ... and chains are attached LOL
Congrats!

Great end of the month Gold!!

Great finds I'm not going to say lucky I'm going to say perseverance is the magic word,someone once said,if you search you will find keep on searching and your day will come:clapping:

Nice, reminds me of my fishing story. I watched my rod go flying in the water while pouring coffee. I had to use another. About 10 minutes later I set the hook on my first rod. Reeled iit in then brought in the fish.

Nice finds!

Lost things seem to want to stay lost. I trap my good finds in a large ibupfofen bottle that has small holes drilled in it, secured to a lanyard. It also drains water fast as I use it underwater too. Its easy to miss a zipper on a pouch and your treasure just drops out of your hand .

Great find! If it makes you feel any better, last week I lost my finds bag while snorkle hunting the Yuba River. The ironic thing about it was the bag had a water proof watch that I had found a year earlier in the same river!