Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Club Autumn Outing

doc1964

Our club (Michigan Treasure Hunters) has an Autumn Outing every year - this year was at a summer camp that used to be a lumber era town (1882 to 1892). Nothing but woods now, but the ground is full of iron from all the square nails, railroad parts, mill parts, etc. Our task was to find relics for the camp museum - cool!

The hunting was very difficult due to the lack of non-ferrous targets and the actual location of where the town stood was in question. We eventually found some crudely dug cellar holes and were able to find a few coins and relics.

On the way to camp: 11 wheats, 1924 Merc, 1946 Rosie.
In camp: 5 Indians (1879, 2 X 1881, 1883, 1885), an old axe head (my favorite relic) dug next to a cellar hole, a few odds and ends including a garter clip.
On the way home: 13 wheats, 1908 Barber, 1943 Merc, 3 Indians (1864, 1882 - from a street tear out, 1907) and an ornate silver bracelet.

What a great weekend to hunt, can't wait until next year!

Nice finds!

Unbelievable condition on the indians... Our ground trashes copper.... LCs take it very hard too.
Good job!

Great hunt... and yes those IH's are in awesome condition. I'm lucky if I can read the dates on mine after the come out of the soil up here.