Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

CO to CA

Hardrock65

I'm driving out to CA in Oct, from CO, I'm getting on hwy. 50 (loneliest rd. in America) in UT I plan on hunting some old abandoned places along the way. Has anyone been out that way and has some advice?
HH

I drove a section of hwy 50 from utah to nevada about 7 yrs. Ago... From what I remember there's not much in the form of living towns along it, but there are some cool attractions. If u are driving a gas guzzler b sure to fill up whenever u can. Also, Google u dig fossils. If my memory is correct that is along the road somewhere in Utah. It is a different type of treasure hunting, but I bet it would be fun. From what I remember there are gravel roads every so often along the hwy that have signs with what appear to Be the names of towns, but they are listed as being anywhere from 10 to 20 miles away. So it is desolate out there.

My new car gets about 35mpg on the hwy, I would be a little leery driving and older car out there. Looking at google earth I can see why it's called the loneliest rd in America!
Thanks HH

Yes, but it is a fun experience for sure. I want to do it again someday. Also, when you are driving at seventy mph, be sure to glance to the side of the road. People use rocks to write a lot of things in the desert from what I remember. :)

Hey Roscue I know what you mean about the rocks, 2 years ago while driving on I-80 in NV (near OJ's prison) I kept seeing little rocks with writing that went on for a 100 miles, my question is who the heck is stopping out there in the middle of no where to do this? Crazy man!