Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil breaking

I've heard people have had the coil replaced under warranty I'm very careful not to put any pressure on mine two years and never broke mine.
Mark

I’ve been detecting for close to 50 years.
Not saying this happened to you.
When detector is just sitting or lying on the table it doesn’t break itself.
As we get older it’s harder to get up and down. It’s not a cane for support or balance.

Doug

I have never broke a coil, but now that I am 68 years old, I have been known to use a detector as a cane. I got a long digger that helps me get up and down now. I know that is not good on a detector of any kind. Just watch what you are doing, and use a cane if need be. flintstone

My 11 inch coil broke last week while I was beach hunting. I sent it back and had a new one in two days after they received mine.

So now I am thinking that’s it - I will register the new coil but they might not send a second if this one breaks.

I plan on using nylon washers as support - as suggested on another post.

Tony

Sand abrasion combined with the force of water is a lethal combination for thin coil ears. With no third party coils it looks like a problem for Nox owners until Minelab decides to redesign the coil. It is probably cheaper to send replacements.

I would be using it mainly for water hunting and land hunting also. I currently use this Fisher CZ 21 and I have never had an issue with it. I see that it's using a lithium ion battery. I think they should have used a lipo battery instead.

Jerry

Ive never had a coil mount break on any detector, but it does seem to be happening more often for these EQX coils. I am tempted to get one of these 3D printed reinforcers I see going around the facebook lately. It cant actually hurt the detector so its like a no-lose situation.

I saw on the net where some gut is testing and making prototypes with 3D printer. He is making two types , one for broken ears on one for beefing it up. But from what I read he is jot gonna produce the but when he gets it right just gonna make the program available. So that’s not gonna help most of us.

Doug

Its a 3d printer program and made available. Numerous people are making and selling them already. If you had a 3d printer you could print your own.

I’ve been doing searches and can’t find anyone making them. I think there is a big demand here for them

Doug

I dont think they have websites, the ones I have seen are selling them through facebook groups

OK...... i broke mine...... but im NOT going to blame it on me. Plain and simple if they are breaking in what appears to be a large number....... and WE once again are trying to find a fix...... then its NOT us, but ML that needs to fix this problem. These ABS ears are to thin...... put them in the salt water .... add a lot of sun it it will get worse..... just like coil cables. Now...... where can i get one of those adapters to go over the ears lol.

I just ordered lazer made ear protector stiffeners that can also repair broken ears so I’ll have to wIt a couple days. So when I get them I’ll give my thought here. I’m not sure when I’ll get them because I’ve never done anything like this before (From Russia). I don’t want to give a link until I see them.
Right now they only come in red and I’m not to happy with that and would rather have ordered black. They are $15 each plus shipping $4.
So hopefully everything will be ok.
Doug

Coil ear supports.
I order them for my coils. My ears are not broken.i noticed that my ears were slightly bent inwards and I do not tightens mine tight.
I just got mine in the mail and installed them and I am actually impressed on how much they stiffened up the ears. I will never take them off.
I have each coil attached to a lower shaft so all I have to do Is slip the other on on.
As of now they only come in red which I was not too happy about but after installing them I actually like the red, lol
They come different for each coil 6” and the 11””.
Even though they are sold by a guy I think is from Russia they are actually sent from Magnolia , TX.
They cost $15 each and $4.00 shipping. And I think they are well worth the cost and added protection for an expensive coil.

Doug

Coil ear supports.
I order them for my coils. My ears are not broken.i noticed that my ears were slightly bent inwards and I do not tightens mine tight.
I just got mine in the mail and installed them and I am actually impressed on how much they stiffened up the ears. I will never take them off.
I have each coil attached to a lower shaft so all I have to do Is slip the other on on.
As of now they only come in red which I was not too happy about but after installing them I actually like the red, lol
Even though they are sold by a guy I think is from Russia they are actually sent from Magnolia , TX.
They cost $15 each and $4.00 shipping. And I think they are well worth the cost and added protection for an expensive coil.
I am checking with him if if he has them for actually broken ears that are attached by two zip ties. ( have seen one somewhere that was installed that way.

Doug

Donut said:
Coil ear supports.
I am checking with him if if he has them for actually broken ears that are attached by two zip ties. ( have seen one somewhere that was installed that way.
Good I used some stiff faucet washers they work well if you don’t like the red they make a black plastic spray paint but you like the red
Mark

Doug

I received my 'Coil ear support' today as well,works a treat,2 options are available one for the 6'' coil and the 2nd one for the 11'' and 15'' coil,it does exactly what is says on the tin.For a small outlay and i mean small it reduces the possibility of the lugs breaking 'almost' to zero !! great cheap investment me thinks.

Worth every penny, I did notice without it the ear dose bend inward and it also dose with the stiffener ( I call it) but it greatly reduced the chance of over tightening the bolt but it also really stiffening everything up solid.
Mine is on and never coming off.
Doug

Mega said:
I received my 'Coil ear support' today as well,works a treat,2 options are available one for the 6'' coil and the 2nd one for the 11'' and 15'' coil,it does exactly what is says on the tin.For a small outlay and i mean small it reduces the possibility of the lugs breaking 'almost' to zero !! great cheap investment me thinks.

Mega,

Could you please share a tip on how we can order these?