Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil cable detection

detectingMO

So the racer is super sensitive and thus any movement of the coil cable in the detection field registers. Even the slightest movement from a bump. You don't see this on say an Omega. It acts as if the coil wire is disced out or something. I've always hear a loose cable could register so keep them tight but honesly, the machines I've used, ignored it anyway. It's not a huge deal, will test on a long hunt tomorrow but imagine it would be pretty annoying for those hunting some rought terrain hitting objects or stick/brush.

but that's been when using other's detectors, not mine. I always bring my coil cable up about 6" or so from the coil, start the wrap around the rod and secure it with Velcro, then continue wrapping it snuggly. I haven't had any problems with the FORS or Racers caused by coil cable movement.

Monte

Yes, obviously. I didn't say I was having a problem. Just an observation. Another user and I test last night. Multiple coils, multiple racers, and omega. Racer detects coil wire movement in the slightest, Omega doesn't. Even racer coil waved over omega coil doesn't detect on Omega. Only on the Racer. Note, this was only test with disc 10 on racer and not disc on Omega. Perhaps there is a difference there. It's still evident even down in the 20's on sensitivity on the Racer.

Again, just and observation. I did not get falsing from just hitting coil (as long as cable didn't move), putting pressure on coil. Just investigating where some falsing reports may be coming from. appears it's cable detection.

no problem with mine but sad to see so many people having problems with a new detector is this the norm now with all companies

doc holiday said:
Low Boy,if you read carefully most of the problems are OPERATOR ERROR.

Care to elaborate?

I didn't report a problem, rather, observation. Something that is different and potentially causing some users grief.

detectingMO said:
Yes, obviously. I didn't say I was having a problem. Just an observation. Another user and I test last night. Multiple coils, multiple racers, and omega. Racer detects coil wire movement in the slightest, Omega doesn't. Even racer coil waved over omega coil doesn't detect on Omega. Only on the Racer. Note, this was only test with disc 10 on racer and not disc on Omega. Perhaps there is a difference there. It's still evident even down in the 20's on sensitivity on the Racer.

Again, just and observation. I did not get falsing from just hitting coil (as long as cable didn't move), putting pressure on coil. Just investigating where some falsing reports may be coming from. appears it's cable detection.

I retested again today. I set the Omega's disc at 10 and the sens at 70 just like the racer. I then passed the coil cable of the racer in front of the Omega 11"DD coil and got a small signal. Then passed the F19 stock coil cable and got a little stronger signal which tells me that the shielding on the Racer coil is OK. I then took the Racer with 11"DD and passed the cable by the and got a signal similar to the omega however, when I touch the cable to the coil it goes crazy. I did this on the Omega and it didn't make any difference. I reduced the sens on the Racer to 10 and still got a signal on the Racer. On the Omega at 10 I heard nothing. I can tap the coil cable near where it goes into the coil on the Racer with my finger and it will false. Yap the coil itself and the side with my finger, same result. I can hold it up and shake/wobble it and it will false. I tested this with 2 different Racers with the same result. Also does it on the small coil.

Any ideas

Yes..my coil is the same..touch it.tap it..or the coil wire where it go's into the coil..And goes crazy...Obviously there is a flaw in design and should be addressed ASAP...I don't understand why they couldn't of used the epoxy filled like on the core...I haven't heard to many problems with the core coils other than they overload on coins..LOL!!!

I just took my Racer with small coil (cable not secured to rod with velcro) 2 tone gain at 86, I swung the racer like swinging a base ball bat side to side and swung up and down like a was swinging an ax. Notta a peep. Quiet as a mouse.

I didn't see that it seems like a problem with the coil with the cold they have some bugs to fix still why does this happen more and more to new products after they are released..mine works great

it must be a run of bad coils.