Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil change reset

I was checking out some youtube Etrac videos. One of them recommended doing a master reset after putting on a new Ultimate 13" coil.

Does anyone know if this is required? How does it affect performance?

Thanks
Bill

Not sure why, I use the Ultimate coil and switch off to a Sunday X-5 all the time, both work great.

Well if the link works it's at 1:40 where he states that it was recommended by Wyane how ever that is. I'm going to do it, figure it can't hurt. The ultimate already hits more stuff, but as pounded as things are here in Seattle every little bit helps.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6HX1L1nNbfI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I asked Randy moderator on the CTX Forum and tester for Minelab products this question and here was his reply.

Reset Option

The Reset operation resets the Sensitivity to Auto, NC channel 6, and Threshold pitch to 15. These are all factory preset levels. It also resets to the factory preset User mode, which includes Volume Gain of 24, Audio Response Normal, Multiple audio tones, Conductivity audio, Variability of 25, Tone ID Limit of 30, Recovery Deep OFF, Recovery Fast OFF, Trash Density Low and Ground Difficult. It does nothing to "stabilize" the processor. The Master Reset might improve the stability, if someone had totally boggled up there settings and needed to get back to a fresh start. (yep, I've done that!) However, I see no reason to have to do any reset when you change coils. At least not with a coil that is working properly. I have used CoilTek, SunRay, DeTech and Minelab coils and have never found it necessary to Reset when changing back and forth. I always run an Auto NC when I start up the detector. Even if hunting in the same spot, with the same coil, after taking a break in the action. And I'll occassionally run the Auto NC if I see the Sensitivity dropping down suddenly, or hear the detector chatter. Especially if the falsing has a rhythm to it. (like the harmonics from RFI or EMF) But I've never ran a Reset due to changing coils. Hope this helps. HH Randy