Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Confusion

Relic

I want a coil larger than the stock E-trac coil for hunting culivated, open farm fields. What is the difference between SEF, WOT, NEL, Coiltek, Detech, etc. etc.? Is one more appropriate for where I'm hunting than another? Or, is it a matter of personal preference as in Chevy/Ford or Apple/Microsoft?

Thanks,

Relic

It's all a matter of personal preference. When I had the e-trac I used the several different coils but I always returned to the stock coil. For me, I just found that I prefered it over all the others. I have friends that swear by other coils though. Trial and error until you find one that you feel you can't do without.

Relic said:
I want a coil larger than the stock E-trac coil for hunting culivated, open farm fields.

Thanks,

Relic

I've been thinking the very same thing! Maybe this will help you out...
Various coil test!

LandOLincoln said:
It's all a matter of personal preference. When I had the e-trac I used the several different coils but I always returned to the stock coil. For me, I just found that I prefered it over all the others. I have friends that swear by other coils though. Trial and error until you find one that you feel you can't do without.
Yep!............for me the stock coil works!

I have used the 12 x 15 sef and it hits deep targets easy. I have the 15 WOT II, and it hits as deep if not deeper. Where the WOT really excels is in the woods. A round coil doesn't get hung up on vines and small saplings like the sef.