Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil for new F75

Question for all of the F75 users. I am new to the Fisher F75, just bought one of the new models with the EMI mod.I have been a Whites guy for years and mainly relic hunt here in Tennessee. As with all of my Whites detectors I have a good assortment of coils that I frequently use. I am wondering about a good aftermarket coil that I can use while relic hunting. I must admit that the stock coil on the 75 is pretty impressive as I have found things that my V3i and TDI have missed. I have been looking at youtube videos and have seen a Detech 13 in Ultimate coil that several people say is good. Any info would be greatly appreciated. You may be wanting to ask me what's wrong with the stock coil and I will say not a thing. I am just looking for a good back up coil to have in my arsenal. Again, thanks

Someone whom I have confidence in their opinion has stated that the NEL coil is better than the Ultimate.

The NEL Tornado or the NEL Storm.

HH
Mike

I have the Ultimate 13 inch coil and I too hunt CW relics in TN. Good coil in the right places. Where do you live? Might be close enough you could try mine out before you decide. I have not used the NEL coils but have heard good things about them. Send me a PM if you want to try the coil. I live in Roane County. HH :fisher::minelab::teknetics:

I have used both and I found I might have gotten a little added depth but they certainly add coverage. I use mine when its time to cover some ground. While I'm mainly after coins and not relics. both were a great addition. I did find the Sharpshooter to work great in the trash and still allowed for good coverage.

What about the Fisher 15 in DD coil ? Being new to Fisher products I am not familiar with their abilities other than what I have read. Is there any benefit to Fisher coils over aftermarket coils?

Thats a tough question Thunderdome...I'm sure the F 15" is a great coil..it just didnt get any 'wheels' on its introduction to the market..

When the Fisher 15" came out a few years back..or was it last year? I cant remember...anyway, it certainly had my interest...especially for covering large expanses really fast...then reports came in from some users it was heavy, which sort of negated my intended purpose..that 11"dd is hard to beat, as far as balance and punch.....perhaps somebody that bought a 15" and tried it will chime in...the guys that have NELs really like them and score..which, in the end, this sport is all about in field RESULTS..(and possibly resale value)...

I'm thinking of hacksawing off the fins on my standard Fisher 11"dd...just to be faster in the sand and shallow water...those vertical support fins sure catch a lot of sand, water, wet fresh mowed grass, and snow..it doesnt take much to throw the balance off since these F's are so light..:shrug: ....I've not heard one bad report from the guys that use NELs on the F sticks.....
Mud

I used the the 15 inch fisher when it first came out. It's just too heavy. Fisher needs to go back to the drawing board on that one.

I live in southeast TN where we have spotted places with really tough ground for metal detectors. The good red stuff...although not all the red stuff is bad. Some of it is worse than others. But I'm talking about the red stuff that a VLF detector will start reading good targets like coins/minie balls, etc as iron. Especially after the 4 or 5 inch mark in the ground. Pulse machines handle this soil better than anything else. However, the F75 in all metal mode can be really awesome too....IF you ignore the ID numbers and just go by sound. Basically digging everything that doesn't give a double beep.

As for coils...I have tried a bunch. I tried the 15" Fisher coil....that one is a heavy piece of junk IMO. Not worth the weight.

I also tried the Ultimate 13" which is actually a 12x13 coil. It is okay...you'll not really gain a lot of depth over the stock coil though. What you will gain, is better target IDs on the same targets. For example...say the stock coil will correctly ID a coin down to 5 inches in the ground before it starts to read as iron...with the Ultimate coil, you would see this increase to about 6-7 inches on a coin...you're technically not going any deeper in the ground, but getting better ID. If you hunted in all metal mode, you wouldn't see much difference. If you hunt in disc mode...I guess you could perceive it as going deeper as far as what it correctly IDs the target as.

The better coil for me, was the NEL Tornado. It is also a 12x13 coil...same size as the Ultimate. I had both of them at the same time and done some good testing with them. My take on the two....the NEL is built a lot better than the Ultimate. It's a touch heavier...but this is mostly due to the coil being shielded better. This means it is a lot more stable than the Ultimate in EMI areas. As for depth comparisons...on coin size objects....from buttons, to bullets, and coins...I saw about a 2 inch increase in depth over the Ultimate coil. On larger objects, like breast plates/belt plates...the increase was even greater. Now this was with a regular F75. I did not have a LTD with boost, nor one of the new LTD2 models with the DST. I actually sold the F75 I had, but am getting ready to get one of the new ones. With the old F75 that I had, in most of my areas I hunted, I couldn't get over a sensitivity setting of 80. Yet with the NEL, I could detect minie balls down to 13-14 inches in the BADDEST of red dirt. This was in motion all metal mode. I didn't dig any deeper than that...but with the signal I got on those targets, no doubt I could have got them if they were a little bit deeper. I am very curious to see if a DST unit would let me run higher gain....in conjunction with the boost mode. As soon as I get the detector, I am getting either the Tornado coil or the larger Attack coil.