Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil not pairing

Try re-pairing the coil. I had an issue like that when I first got my 9" coil. I finally discovered that I typed in the wrong serial number listed on the coil, It was very hard to read whether the digit was an 8 or 9, 5 or 6!!! When I figured that out and typed the right number, it paired up like a champ.

Once on my Deus, my HF coil that was on the detector wouldn't show up. I went through my other cols and they all paired. When I went back to the HF it paired right up. You might try switching and going back.

As coloneldan mentioned only time i had any issues was the numbers were hard to make out. The B looked like an 8 and vis versa

My coil # is 407043 or 4D7D43 tried both ways no go are there suppose to be letters in there 9 inch coil .sube

I like the detector BUT I did not update it to 1.0 could not I have a chrome book says PC so I updated it at my bothers 1.10 than I got home and found out I had to update the headphones . Went back to update my phones no go would not connect had connect and cancel button would only cancel .
Tried my chrome book at home updated my phones no problem ? so I take it out to hunt worked fine now 2 days latter no coil what .

When I got it I went on a trip forgot the coil charger clip SCREWED big time no clip within 200 miles live and learn .Lucky I had to spare detectors with me. Then I updated and didn't get to use it for 2 weeks till I got the phones updated .
Everything updated to 1.10 worked and paired good 3 times now it does not see coil and can't use it again what the he$$ .
My first detector was bought in 1969 one button turn on and keep turning button to adjust threshold simple a idiot like me could run it I have used the ctx for 11 years no problems but this thing argggggg .
Tried to update again thinking it would clear the glich but now all I get is the cancel and connect button and only cancel button works argggg sube

Last edited:
As coloneldan mentioned only time i had any issues was the numbers were hard to make out. The B looked like an 8 and vis versa
My coil # is 407043 or 4D7D43 tried both ways no go are there suppose to be letters in there 9 inch coil .sube
yes its a combination of letters and numbers
Mine is three numbers followed by two letters and then lastly one number
Not sure though they are all the same combination. Maybe someone else knows
If you have the original box the coil number is on the label

Last edited:
I like the detector BUT I did not update it to 1.0 could not I have a chrome book says PC so I updated it at my bothers 1.10 than I got home and found out I had to update the headphones . Went back to update my phones no go would not connect had connect and cancel button would only cancel .
Tried my chrome book at home updated my phones no problem ? so I take it out to hunt worked fine now 2 days latter no coil what .

When I got it I went on a trip forgot the coil charger clip SCREWED big time no clip within 200 miles live and learn .Lucky I had to spare detectors with me. Then I updated and didn't get to use it for 2 weeks till I got the phones updated .
Everything updated to 1.10 worked and paired good 3 times now it does not see coil and can't use it again what the he$$ .
My first detector was bought in 1969 one button turn on and keep turning button to adjust threshold simple a idiot like me could run it I have used the ctx for 11 years no problems but this thing argggggg .
Tried to update again thinking it would clear the glich but now all I get is the cancel and connect button and only cancel button works argggg sube
Surprised you were able to update with a chromebook.
I actually miss non updatable detectors.
Never had any issues just turn on and use the way it was. Never even really gave it a thought on wishing they changed the way they worked.

That's what surprised the crap out of me updating with my chrome book but it was only the headphones and not the puck I updated the puck on my brothers pc . thanks again sube

While trying to update my WS6 I accdentilly ended up listing the coil and hurriedly hit the back button and erased the last two digits of the coil so I grabbed the coil and looked at the number. The last digit was a D but looked like an 0 so I entered an 0 and backed out started over and updated . After updating the ws6 I turned it on and no coil. Looked at the coil number on the remote and could clearly see it was a D so turned off the remote corrected the coil number on the WS6 went to pairing the coil, plugged in the charade cord to the coil and it paired. The letters that resemble numbers can sure get you.

While trying to update my WS6 I accdentilly ended up listing the coil and hurriedly hit the back button and erased the last two digits of the coil so I grabbed the coil and looked at the number. The last digit was a D but looked like an 0 so I entered an 0 and backed out started over and updated . After updating the ws6 I turned it on and no coil. Looked at the coil number on the remote and could clearly see it was a D so turned off the remote corrected the coil number on the WS6 went to pairing the coil, plugged in the charade cord to the coil and it paired. The letters that resemble numbers can sure get you.
The d looks like a d on the puck BUT I only had the # on the coil to go by and that d looks exactly the same as a 0 on the coil even with a mag glass . People should write it down so if lost away from home you well have it . If I didn't have my deus box I would have had to send it in . sube

The D and 0 look identical and so does the B and 8 even when magnified.
Its the way they print on the coil.
XP makes a great detector there is just some minor things about the updating and pairing processes that can be very confusing and could definitely be done differently.

The d looks like a d on the puck BUT I only had the # on the coil to go by and that d looks exactly the same as a 0 on the coil even with a mag glass . People should write it down so if lost away from home you well have it . If I didn't have my deus box I would have had to send it in . sube
That would suck. Now I understand what you are saying. Thank you for that great idea. I’ll snap a picture and save it.
Tony N J