Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil problem

willy

I have a little problem here. Picked up a used 14" Excellerator II coil a number of months ago (for water hunting) and it worked great.. at first. Now, for some reason, all it does is overload when the sensitivity is set past 2 (used to be able to max it), and can barely see a copper penny at 2" in the air. One thing I've noticed is, unlike my other coils, one set of pins reads 4.1 Ohms vs. 3 something on the other coils. It's a shot in the dark, but I think the coil is hooped. Anyone? ..Willy. (BTW, it overloaded with both the M6 and MXT, so I doubt that it's my detector at fault)

I would give JW a call at Kellyco and see what he can do for you Willy.

I probably will Larry. Right now I'm using the 10x14" Eclipse coil and it's a bit of a bear. Would really be nice if White's came out with a large neutrally buoyant coil, I'd buy it in a heartbeat. ..Willy.

Could be it's taken on water? You might try putting it in an area where it is warm enough to force it to dry out.
Just a thought.
HH
BB

If you have a chance, try the 10X12 EX. I'm very pleased with it and not much heavier than the stock coil on my V3.

Just a clarification.. I meant a large DD neutrally buoyant coil, preferably of a 'spider' design. I do a fair amount of prospecting in streams/rivers and the large surface area of a White's DD (not the mini shooter) coil makes for a frustrating experience when the water catches it. As for water being in the coil.. who knows. I'll see if I can 'dry' it out. As for getting another Excellerator coil, I'll have to think long and hard about it. Don't want another bum coil and I don't know about the warranty and how problematic it is re. getting problems resolved. That's the nice thing about White's (and, to be fair, Garrett and Tesoro), they generally have outstanding customer service. ..Willy.