Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question

surfman

So I just got done with an Excal that I did quite a bit of work on. I took off the stock 10" coil and put on a 12x10sef. I had an extra Sovereign connector so I put that on it so I could possibly sell it. I did the same to an 8" a couple years ago. Hate to have something just laying around that I have no use for. My main question is the wiring at the connector. I followed the chart that I got form doing a search here. I did it like this, Red, Black, White, Yellow, 1,2,3,4. The chart ended up being wrong with respect to the wires for the new coil. I think it was the black and the grey wires were switched. I had to pull it back apart to correct that. I think Detech must have switched up the wires on the coils at some point. I did one about 5 years ago using the same chart and that one was right on. But to the 10" coil, do I have it wired correct? Does anybody here need one? If so send me a pm. Thanks in advance.

Use this procedure it works every time.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?21,2174982,2174982#msg-2174982

Thanks Mel but that wont work for me. My Excal is good. It's the coil I took off of it that I'm working on. I put a connector on it so somebody could use it. I don't have a Sovereign to test it on. I'm pretty sure it's good but it never hurts to double check. I just want to make sure I have the four pin connector wired up correctly.

You are right on the connector pin out.
Red=1
Black=2
white=3
Yellow=4

Thanks Mel. I'll be in touch.
Mel Parker said:
You are right on the connector pin out.
Red=1
Black=2
white=3
Yellow=4

Thanks Joe, that's the one I used. I think I'm good.