Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil Question

Wild Willy

I recently bought a Deus 1 from Richard and, I believe it's coming with the 9" HP coil. There is a also, as you guys know, a XP 35 coil. What is the difference and is one considered superior/inferior, etc. ? You thoughts would be appreciated. Got to learn a new language now. The on-line manual sure looks complicated. Again, thanks for looking.

Both are excellent.hf preferred for relic hunting, x35 for coin shooting but either does the job. 9” size is just right. Good luck

The X35 coil can use frequencies from 4 to 25khz, the high frequency coil from 14 to 55khz. The X35 is deeper on silver but at 25khz is still pretty good for small low conductors like nuggets (the Gold Bug Pro operates at 19khz). If you put a quarter and a pull tab on the ground at the same level, at high frequency to tab is much louder. As you lower the frequency, the tab gets quieter and the quarter gets louder. You can also get a boost in 4khz. The X35 can also normalize ViDs so all frequencies have the same numbers for the same targets if you want, which the HF does not do.

The HF coil is more limited with 14khz to start with although many really good detectors operate near this frequency (T2, Racers and more). For gold prospecting, it is probably more useful and some say it separates better although I can't tell.

I think the X35 is more versatile but that is my opinion. I have both but use the X35 more. I don't think you can go wrong with either.

I recently bought a Deus 1 from Richard and, I believe it's coming with the 9" HP coil. There is a also, as you guys know, a XP 35 coil. What is the difference and is one considered superior/inferior, etc. ? You thoughts would be appreciated. Got to learn a new language now. The on-line manual sure looks complicated. Again, thanks for looking.
I personally did way better with the 9" low frequency coil it was my best coil .
Mark