Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coil repair

biglry

First, I want to give a big THANKS! to Mel Parker and OldBeechnut, without their great post, pic and spot on info I would not have attempted this repair of one of my Minelab Ecal Slim Line 10" coils and Minelab would have been making big $ for a new coil & replacment. :please:
Below are a few pic from start, making the PVC shell to finish with truck bed liner spray paint.
I have now hunted with it and all is good :thumbup:

image36917.jpg
image36918.jpg

image36920.jpg
image36927.jpg

image36930.jpg
image36932.jpg

Nice Work! That was sure a great repair to follow along and read..I learned something about using MEK to melt certain plastics for a repair such as this!:clapping:
Mud..

Many thanks for the time that you posted with the images,although i dont have the exact same problem with the Minelab but i do have the same type of problem with a Garrett Mono coil,which is still like brand new but has a design fault in my opinion as it does not have a cable pigtail as such,just basically a very crude rubber grommet.So the plan is to do basically the same as what you have done and this will also save me alot of the 'folding stuff' or beer tokens as i call them.

Once again thanks for your help in posting this very helpful thread.

Very clean work, looks better once finished than the original. Seems like the truck bed material is taking the place of coil covers, much smaller chance of falsing from foreign materials getting into the space in between. Great pictures too!