Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil settings on the V3I

Since that selection is used to give you a more accurate depth reading, I would try the Eclipse Shooter DD.

I'm not sure a Bigfoot coil will run on the V3i..... especially in 2.5.........

I HAVE ALREADY RAN IT ON 2.5 AND 7.5 YOU RUN INTO PROBLEMS WITH YOUR VID'S BEING OFF ON THE 22.5. I HAVE FOUND IT RUNS ON THE 10 D2 SETTING AND A COUPLE OTHERS JUST WONDERING WHICH IS THE BEST.
I AM WONDERING WHY YOU WOULD SAY ESPECIALLY THE 2.5 . IF YOU REMBER ANY POSTS ON THE BIGFOOT IT THE 22.5 WHERE YOU RUN INTO PROBLEMS. MAYBE YOU WERE THINKING BACKWARDS

Since most people don't use the coil with the V3i it is easy to make mistakes. The 22.5 kHz is indeed the problem frequency.

I HAVE FOUND IT RUNS ON THE 10 D2 SETTING AND A COUPLE OTHERS JUST WONDERING WHICH IS THE BEST.

I don't understand this statement. What do you mean by 10D2 settings. The only D2 setting I know is for coil setting and that would only affect the depth reading accuracy. Try the different choices and see which is closest to the correct depth reading.

G.papa.findsalot said:
I HAVE ALREADY RAN IT ON 2.5 AND 7.5 YOU RUN INTO PROBLEMS WITH YOUR VID'S BEING OFF ON THE 22.5. I HAVE FOUND IT RUNS ON THE 10 D2 SETTING AND A COUPLE OTHERS JUST WONDERING WHICH IS THE BEST.
I AM WONDERING WHY YOU WOULD SAY ESPECIALLY THE 2.5 . IF YOU REMBER ANY POSTS ON THE BIGFOOT IT THE 22.5 WHERE YOU RUN INTO PROBLEMS. MAYBE YOU WERE THINKING BACKWARDS

Geez, Chill dude.......:nono:

sorry johnedoe I didn't mean to sound rude or like an ass sorry if I did. not my intention. After rereading that it did sound pretty rude I could have worded that a lot better.

To ROB yes, I was talking about the coil settings, I should have been a little more clear.My question really is can running a coil on the wrong coil setting hurt a coil? obviously not? So just use what ever I find to run the best. I'm just afraid of having another coil go bad on me I have had 3 d2 coils and 1 4x6 coils go bad in the last 9 month. and just want to make sure I am not doing anything to hurt them.

No problem, I was just not aware the Bigfoot worked on a V, I have a Bigfoot for my Eagle Spectrum, guess I was thinking of that since the Spectrum is a 6.59 kHz.
I take it you have one of the later Bigfoot coils for the MXT ?

Don't subject the coils to extreme temperatures, hot or cold. No settings you make can harm a coil. I don't know why some people have coil failure problems.

I have had the v rated coils from the beginning and have had one coil go bad.

I have been misunderstood in the past in some of my posts. Forget it all is good. I'm sure John understands.

What about the wrong coil on a machine, will it harm the machine? say the old Bigfoot on a V?
I was wondering if the 6.59 could be run on 7.5 freq.

yes I actually have two for the dfx,mxt, m-6. I have a park that I have removed most of the trash and have found a lot of rings. this park is very large and is frequented by a lot of people sun bathing and seem to lose a lot of jewelry. now I am thinking I could use the Bigfoot and cover a lot more ground and hopefully up my good finds. I'm not looking for depth just to cover ground. thanks for the advice on coils, Rob. I am the person that if there is one bad part in 1000 pcs. I will be the person to get it , but on the flip side of the coin I have great luck with my finds. I sent a couple of the bad coils and a letter to Mary at whites to make sure I have been testing the coils rite and asked if I may need to send in my v3i. I am now just waiting to hear back expect I will tomorrow. I also want to say whites staff have been great! , the best customer service of company I have had to deal with.

I've never heard of a V causing coils to go bad. Mary is one great person and a pleasure to work with.

that is what everyone says, but just had to ask Mary in the letter because I had sent it in with a problem back in march or April and just want to make sure what ever they fixed may not have totally been and now causing problems . It just might be my luck that I got all the bad ones out of the way for everyone else. what ever it is I know I'm in good hands and that I wont get the shaft.

The coil setting does not affect the coils at all, all you are doing is trying to get a more accurate depth reading by choosing what coil setting to use with the Bigfoot. Since the Bigfoot is three inches wide and does not get a lot of depth, I suggested using the 4X6 Shooter setting as maybe giving the most accurate match to the depth reading. You can try all of them to see what works best for you though.

In my Bigfoot testing with the V3i, I got the most accurate VDI readings using the 7.5 frequency, if I remember right it seemed the VDI's were off standards a little on the lower conductor targets with the 2.5 frequency but the higher conductors seemed fine in 2.5.

Johnedoe, yes we are talking about the DFX/MXT/M6 Bigfoot. I have not tried using the 6.59 with the V series.

johnedoe:

I asked a similare question about using a White's 6.59 kHZ coil on an MXT. The answer was a resouding "NO".The reasons is because the older White's coils (as well as non OEM Whites compatible coils) use capacitors in the coil itself for tuning. The V-Series and DFX, do not use capacitors and are non-resonance coils to work with the multiples frequencies. The MXT is a single frequency but the desgined to work with the DFX coils..