Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coil??

johno

I haven't had a chance to do much hunting this and finally made it out a couple weekends ... but the ctx 3030 doesn't sound right. the tones seems very mushy not crisp and quick,, like they used to no matter what program, or response setting I use. ive tried all the tone settings from normal on up, it does lengthen the tone but not crisp. also I notice when I place a coin on clean ground and pass over it. the target sounds 3 different times , as the coil approaches. then disappears then center of coil and as the other side passes over. like I said all sounds are mushy sounding and not crisp like they used to be... I ve had the machine a little over 2 yrs....came from a v3i and beachhunter.. the ctx 3030 has found many coins in the past where ive hunted before. . but now. something doesn't seem right. I just came from a large bark playground that I know no one has hit and didn't even hit a zincoln....scary or a pulltab.. they both registered on open clean ground but not like they used to... any ideas would be greatly appreciated.. I hate to send it in for the summer just started... thanks again and HH

This might sound like a dumb question but what headphones are you using? I use the SunRay Pro Golds and if one of the switches gets bumped it sounds different. It gets bumped all the time, just flip it back and everything sounds and works normal. Also did you try a reset? I'd try a factory reset and see if that doesn't straighten it out. Good luck, Joe

im not using headphones but maybe 1 of the settings got changed somehow......... ill have to check all settings tomorrow and see... hope its something that simple. was working fine thanks again.

had some time to get back out and check out my ctx,,, glad to say the coil is working fine. found a real nice small onyx sterling silver ring at 7 inches,,, 43 nickel ,with the capital building on a skew with the front. someone said could be an error coin. .. but it had been awhile since I had been out and for some reason I had response normal, fast on sensitivity way down... reset settings and things are working great again. I think I was playing with settings and forgot to switch back. I was looking for a fresh ring drop in the woods and was playing around. the ole mind aint what it used to be. thanks for all the info, thanks nagov, for quick response and sube for video,s... GREAT forum as always... HH

Glad the sounds are back to normal for you! As for the triple-hit on surface targets, that is how it's supposed to be. All DD coils are hot on middle and edges for very shallow targets. After a couple inches, it's just the center that provides a response.

hit carnival grounds today for recent drops, went with high trash program low sensitivity,, picked up 32 quarters, along with 50 other coins,,, I guess I can say for sure it was operator error. lol love the ctx wheni remember how to driver her.... thanks to everyone for all the info. HH