Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils for Fisher F75... which one?

Glen in Maine

I'm interested in finding out about which small coil works best on the Fisher F 75… The 6 1/2 concentric coil or the 5 inch round coil

On my F70 I have only used one sniper coil, the 5"DD...but it is the only one I think I will ever need.

Deep...With that coil I have dug targets at a little more than 10" in good soil and gotten signals on others at the 12-13" area but didn't dig them in my public parks.
In my heavily iron infested and mineralized sites I hunt in now, areas where most detectors can't seem to make sense of anything much past 5" in the bad stuff, I got a good enough ID and signal to dig down every bit of 8" to recover an 1880's very worn thin as a dime V nickel.
I was flabbergasted and so was a friend of mine I was hunting with that uses an E Trac after he held that coin and saw the depth of the still open hole.
Neither if us has ever reached that depth before in this the very worst of sites.

Pop tops are not an issue with this DD coil and I hunt some sites infested with these things.
The wiggle and pull back method will cause a drop down low on most of the ones that insist on mimicking high tone coins.

Snaking through heavy trash is easy with this thing, target separation and recovery speed is what you expect using Fishers which is legendary.

In a site so loaded with iron that every hunter I ever talked to or heard of walked away frustrated and disgusted after one hunt this one spent a lot of time there and found shocking amounts of great targets we all suspected might be there but nobody could find to save their lives.
This coil and a little outside the box thinking about settings and target behavior made the difference.

Finding coins...effortless.
Silver jewelry....a breeze.
Gold jewelry...I found enough with this coil to not only pay for the coil but the detector too.

Tiny, big, shallow, deep, every metal type and configuration including chains...all of it is in play with this coil.
I have 2 other coils and use them too but this sniper is the one that spends the most time on the bottom of my lower rod for many great reasons.

if you are only going to get one small coil, get the round 5"DD.

HH
Mike

I agree the little 5"DD coil will do the job and I would go for that one if I could only have one.

But I have both and my favorite is the 6.5" concentric. It does really good in around bottle caps.

Just my thing,

Ron in WV

I would go with the 5x10 concentric coil. I have used the small 5 inch coil and the 4x6 coils. I prefer the 5x10 coil over both of them. The 6x8 NEL coil is also a good coil for the F75.

I really like the 5 inch small coil. The 4X6 works well also but it seems to me that slowing down with either makes a huge difference. HH :fisher:

Well, here is my take on this topic. A couple of years ago when I got my F70 the GO TO COIL was the 11" DD, so I got rid of the OEM 10" Concentric (I couldn't afford both) because at the time no one found a good use for it :shrug: Then after I had the detector for awhile the RAGE was the little mysterious 4"x 6" "Football Coil" so I got that. Then a few more months goes by and the more and more talk of the town coil was the GREAT 10" OEM concentric coil:confused: and then comes along the King Of The Hill 5" DD coil, while it, a couple of years ago was a DUD :surrender: so my concern for you will be that this month's list of The Greatest coils will be the worse coils to own in July! I've chased the latest GREATEST coils for the past five or six years now and it NEVER FAILS, I get swept AWAY with the coil of the month, the RAVE!!!! hits 15" on a BB coil! and in a few months the classifieds will be loaded up with them. COUNTLESS people on MANY forums have bought a coil, un-boxed it, took pictures of it, tested it in their side yard for 15 minutes, rush to their computers and do this OVER THE TOP WRITE UP and this WONDER COIL!, WoW! Nothing like it! and then turn around in less than a month have the coil up for sell in the classifieds! To say the lest its those times that are the most frustrating for me. So, many times it gets down to this! The ONLY BAD COIL IS A BROKEN COIL!!!!!!! what is the best coil for my Omega? My CTX,? MY F75? My CoinStrike? My 1270? My CZ-7A? really isn't one that can be answered!!!!!!!! So, it may be best to try and define your type of hunting! what problems does the area your hunting present you with, then try to find some people on the forums that is using similar equipment and getting good results in the type of hunting your wanting to do. Relic hunters are a different bread of hunters than most, rusty old iron will often times actually mean something to them, me I don't want to even dig the stuff!! Gold prospectors have a different set of problems, they are ONLY LOOKING FOR GOLD! so even most coins are in their way!!!! The point is to try and figure out what it is your looking for and try to match your equipment to that purpose. At one time I had FIVE (5) detectors that were basically ALL COIN HUNTING detectors by there primary design, so I had a couple of little coils for each, I had a couple of larger coils for each, and they for the most part were all designed to do the same thing???????? and at some point in time they ALL WERE THE HOT ONES OF THE MONTH (detector are just like coils) I've gotten rid of all but 2 detector now, my F70 I bought and a 1266 that was giving to me.
I've not found anyone with their current list of EQUIPMENT not report that its the LATEST GREATEST LOVE of their life, from headphones to sand scoops. My older brother in the past has done amazing things with a TINY LITTLE 3.5" round concentric coil!!!!! I called it a flower pot coil because of its size that's about as large of an area as I wanted to us it in!!!! Picture this, I'm standing in the middle of a 110 acre city park and I look down and my coil is just a little larger than a silver dollar:help: . Also without LARGE bank rolls of MONEY detecting equipment is impossible to keep up with and its a market that's been that way sense at lest the early 80's.

Iron and rusty bottle caps tend to mess more with DD coils than concentric!
VERY large coils are bigger hits with relic hunters, and some coin hunters that are hunting areas with limited trash and EMI!
The LARGER the coil means the larger of an antenna it is which can make in a BUST in areas with much interference (EMI)
The larger the coil in trashier areas means there is more metal objects under the coil at ONE TIME for the electronics to attempt to process!
Smaller coils tend to handle trash better because in the more trashier areas there is less targets under the coil to process at one time, but they tend to lose a little depth as compared to there larger counter parts.

When it all shakes out you end up with this! There is No Fountain Of Youth! and There Is No Magic Coil!!!!
Learn the differences in the coil designs, calculate what design type and size best fits your needs, than figure those into your budget!!! if your dirt poor like me I do very well in the used market, if you have the money then by new and get the warranty!

Good Luck
HH

Mark

MarkCZ said:
Well, here is my take on this topic. A couple of years ago when I got my F70 the GO TO COIL was the 11" DD, so I got rid of the OEM 10" Concentric (I couldn't afford both) because at the time no one found a good use for it :shrug: Then after I had the detector for awhile the RAGE was the little mysterious 4"x 6" "Football Coil" so I got that. Then a few more months goes by and the more and more talk of the town coil was the GREAT 10" OEM concentric coil:confused: and then comes along the King Of The Hill 5" DD coil, while it, a couple of years ago was a DUD :surrender: so my concern for you will be that this month's list of The Greatest coils will be the worse coils to own in July! I've chased the latest GREATEST coils for the past five or six years now and it NEVER FAILS, I get swept AWAY with the coil of the month, the RAVE!!!! hits 15" on a BB coil! and in a few months the classifieds will be loaded up with them. COUNTLESS people on MANY forums have bought a coil, un-boxed it, took pictures of it, tested it in their side yard for 15 minutes, rush to their computers and do this OVER THE TOP WRITE UP and this WONDER COIL!, WoW! Nothing like it! and then turn around in less than a month have the coil up for sell in the classifieds! To say the lest its those times that are the most frustrating for me. So, many times it gets down to this! The ONLY BAD COIL IS A BROKEN COIL!!!!!!! what is the best coil for my Omega? My CTX,? MY F75? My CoinStrike? My 1270? My CZ-7A? really isn't one that can be answered!!!!!!!! So, it may be best to try and define your type of hunting! what problems does the area your hunting present you with, then try to find some people on the forums that is using similar equipment and getting good results in the type of hunting your wanting to do. Relic hunters are a different bread of hunters than most, rusty old iron will often times actually mean something to them, me I don't want to even dig the stuff!! Gold prospectors have a different set of problems, they are ONLY LOOKING FOR GOLD! so even most coins are in their way!!!! The point is to try and figure out what it is your looking for and try to match your equipment to that purpose. At one time I had FIVE (5) detectors that were basically ALL COIN HUNTING detectors by there primary design, so I had a couple of little coils for each, I had a couple of larger coils for each, and they for the most part were all designed to do the same thing???????? and at some point in time they ALL WERE THE HOT ONES OF THE MONTH (detector are just like coils) I've gotten rid of all but 2 detector now, my F70 I bought and a 1266 that was giving to me.
I've not found anyone with their current list of EQUIPMENT not report that its the LATEST GREATEST LOVE of their life, from headphones to sand scoops. My older brother in the past has done amazing things with a TINY LITTLE 3.5" round concentric coil!!!!! I called it a flower pot coil because of its size that's about as large of an area as I wanted to us it in!!!! Picture this, I'm standing in the middle of a 110 acre city park and I look down and my coil is just a little larger than a silver dollar:help: . Also without LARGE bank rolls of MONEY detecting equipment is impossible to keep up with and its a market that's been that way sense at lest the early 80's.

Iron and rusty bottle caps tend to mess more with DD coils than concentric!
VERY large coils are bigger hits with relic hunters, and some coin hunters that are hunting areas with limited trash and EMI!
The LARGER the coil means the larger of an antenna it is which can make in a BUST in areas with much interference (EMI)
The larger the coil in trashier areas means there is more metal objects under the coil at ONE TIME for the electronics to attempt to process!
Smaller coils tend to handle trash better because in the more trashier areas there is less targets under the coil to process at one time, but they tend to lose a little depth as compared to there larger counter parts.

When it all shakes out you end up with this! There is No Fountain Of Youth! and There Is No Magic Coil!!!!
Learn the differences in the coil designs, calculate what design type and size best fits your needs, than figure those into your budget!!! if your dirt poor like me I do very well in the used market, if you have the money then by new and get the warranty!

Good Luck
HH

Mark

[size=medium]And that pretty much sums it up. Well said Mark...[/size]

I havent tried either of the ones you mention. But I run the Cors Fortune small coil which is the sister of the Nel Sharpshooter and it is absolutely fantastic!!!!

Well what they call a "Threshold" these days isn't really a operational tone! is just electronic static, clicks, ticks, and pops!.
Its NOT A TONE at all, its just the noise produced by the electronic circuits.

Mark