Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils For The G2

morelic1955

What aftermarket coils work for the G2? Thinking about the CORS Scout or the 11x12 Superfly. Anyone running these? Are they any better than the 11 inch Biaxial?

Last edited:
What aftermarket coils work for the G2? Thinking about the CORS Scout or the 11x12 Superfly. Anyone running these? Are they any better than the 11 inch Biaxial?
One of my current detectors is the Fisher F-19 Ltd. which is in the same 'family' as your G2. I used the G2 when first introduced for a couple of years but prefer the F-19 / G2+. Is your unit the original G2 or the G2+? Just curious, but they
share the same coils. Seldom have I really enjoyed an aftermarket coil on any make or model but there are a couple of exceptions. I had a Tek. T2+ and never liked the 11" BiAxial coil (or any similar-looking and sized coils like it from other manufacturers on their detectors), so I kept a 5" DD or 5X9¾ elliptical on the T2+. Usually the 5" because I hunted very trashy sites.

Then I was urged to get a Superfly and check it out. I decided to and honestly I liked the Superfly's weigh and balance and performance because I did mount the 11" BiAxial for side-by-side comparisons. I had to change up to some urban old city parks to have some open areas with minimal masking trash, but I liked the Superfly better. Maybe not a big difference in depth, I just liked it better. Why is it you are interested in a Superfly or CORS Scout? Are you mainly looking for depth in less trashy sites? What type of hunting will you use it for?

I only have the stock 5X9¾ DD mounted on my F-19 Ltd. and am looking for a new 5" DD for it to take on more cluttered sites. The F-19 / G2 & G2+ are good units, or I wouldn't have one, but they ar at their best for working very dense trash and confined areas, and also better for lower-conductive targets due to their 19 kHz frequency. They are not known for their depth-of-detection and my 14 kHz original Racer with the little 4.7X5.2 DD coil get as good or better depth than my F-19 Ltd. with the mid-size coil. My Multi-IQ Vanquish 540 w/5X8 DD also gets better depth-of-detection than the F-19 w/mid-size coil. My F-19 is the last unit in my entire detector team that I would pick if I was interested in getting good depth in a mild to clean area. But in trashier places where they work well, for unmasking and not getting depth, it can do wonderous things. Just my personal experiences as I wrap up 58 years of detecting soon.

Monte

Hello Monte! I picked the NEL Hunter 12.5 x 8.5" DD. I would like a little depth in good ground. Had the 1st G2 and 1st Gold Bug years ago. The G2 I have now came with the 5X9¾ elliptical that I will wade into the iron with. Had the 11" BiAxial coil in the past and it
did well, found eagle buttons in heavy nails at 8" with it. I use the Superfly on my X-Terra and it works well as a general field coil. I like the 18kHz coils the most for lead and brass.

The 13" ultimate works really well. I usually use the 15" attack coil from detech for civil war relic hunting. Before i got my GPX4500 this was my set up for relic hunting. I just got one of FT new 12" DD coils for it. My buddy is using one on his F75 & likes it in iron. The G2 is a very under rated machine.