Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coils for the V3i

Waterdog

What type of coils are good on the V3i and still get decent depth. The one I am waiting on comes with a 10d2 I think. Going to use it in parks and a few schools that are still open around Sacramento California.

the 6x10 is a good one for more trashy areas but you'll lose a couple inches in depth to the d2. I also have the detech ul13 and if I could only have one that would be it. goes very deep and separates very good. it is also very lite for a coil that big. I have a dime buried in my test garden at 9.5" and the v3i with the detech is the only one out of my six detectors that will hit it. the d2 is actually a very good coil but it feels really heavy. the 6x10 works great in high grass and in the woods because its a closed coil and doesn't get hung up on stuff. with it I can hit the 7" silver dime I have buried with the right settings. if you use a different coil make sure you change you coil settings and adjust your recovery delay accordingly. I usually run RD about 50 with the 6x10 and about 85 to 90 with the UL13".

I agree, the 6x10 is great for the trash, but in my ground looses closer to 3" over the stock D2 coil.