Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coils

plymouthian12

Looking to get a couple coils for my DFX since both that i have have a broken wire by the coil end was looking at the 4.5x7 excelerator and the deep scan any thoughts out there on these 2 or any other suggestions thanks
kent

First what coils are broken? If they are White's, they often can be fixed or replaced for free or very little money. Are you talking about the White's 1400 DD Deep scan? If so, that is a heavy sucker and not much depth advantage over any other lighter 10 inch coil, D2 or 12x10 SEF would be a much better choice. Also the SEF 6X8 is hard to beat for a smaller coil. I haven't heard much praise on the 4.5X7 coil except it is OK in high trash areas.

I would give the White's factory a call and ask their opinion. It is a pretty simple job replacing the cable and they have been know to just replace the entire coil. White's takes very good care of their customers.

Have never had any problems with Whites coils or infact any 3rd party coils either and i have still got them all,my favourite selection of coils for my DFX are the SEF8x6 this is fast becoming my favourite coil for general detecting ,10x6 coil and the 12inch Hotshot coil these are becoming like Gold dust as they are not made any more the guy who built them passed away a few years back.

The most disapointing coil made by Whites in my opinion is the 1400DD it in theory should be a 'heavy hitter' depth wise buy all i find its 'plain heavy' so does not come out to play very often as i am certain the frisbee light Hotshot coil goes just as deep may even go deep for far less weight.

Man.... You must be hard on your equipment, I have never had any coil issues and I do put them to work.
I have the 950 concentric, 1400, 6x10, and 4x6.
The 1400 is not really all that impressive, you do cover a bit more ground but the weight is noticeable after a while. and depth is less than awe inspiring.

thanks all Whites was awesome they replaced both coils free of charge what an awesome company i think ive had my DFX about 10 yrs or so and i am very hard on all my equipment and the White's seems to handle it.