Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek 15" All Terrain Coil? A WOT or Not?

Elton Noway

On a trip to DC over the weekend my wife and I took a detour and stopped to eat lunch on South Beach. As luck would have it I see a guy as he's gearing up to do some detecting. When I spotted his large orange coil I assumed it was a WOT. I approached and identified myself as a fellow detectorist. After exchanging a few war stories I ask how he liked using the WOT.

He looked at me like I had two heads. He had no idea what I was talking about!!! Whats a WOT? I pointed to his 15" coil. He said he loved the coil, and added he purchased the detector and coil second hand but had never heard anyone refer to the coil as a WOT.

On closer investigation the Coiltek label said: "Coiltek All Terrain 0103".

I surfed the Internet but was unable to find any information on "Coiltek All Terrain" and/or a Coiltek Model 0103.

Any ideas? Is the Coiltek All Terrain 0103 also a WOT... or a different animal altogether? :?:
Thanks

Its been said the simplest solution is sometimes the hardest to see... especially when its right in front of you.

I read once that WOT was an acronym that stood for "Wonder Orange Thing"! :blink: To cute to be factual. I always believed WOT probably had a much deeper meaning... that "Wonderful Orange Thing" was simply a convenient play on words. Surely WOT had to stand for something more scientific.

"Wavelength Optimization Transducer" Ahhh... now that has a nice ring to it!

Some of us need a fancy name. It helps to take some of the sting out of the purchase price. And without a fancy name it can be kinda hard trying to justify it to the spouse. "Honey can I have $200 bucks to buy a Wonderful Orange Thing?" ;)

OK first I have always heard it refered to as Wild Orange Thing as stated in a previous post.

Second, if she left you and you can still afford to by anything you want, then you had a good lawyer.

No I pay dearly for 3 kids child support, but I have a good skill that I make up for it with side jobs...and I tend to live simple and have only 3 toys...Boat...Explorer XS, Excaliber so if I want something bad enough I work for it! Simple.