Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek 6" Treasureseeker

kt

You don't hear very much about these, too many other sniper coils for the Etrac I suppose. I bought one recently but only tried it out seriously this morning. I went clad stabbing at a nearby school that was built in the 1970's. I managed to last only a couple of hours before the heat and humidity got me.

In the two hours I lasted, I focused on a grassy area near the parking lot of the school. I believe someone beat me there and worked the place over, because quarters were nonexistent and only a couple of dimes turned up. But I dug ten copper pennies, and eight nickels.

I like the little Coiltek coil. Separation was good. I found two shallow nickels that were only a couple of inches apart at most, and both rang up clearly and separately. One of the copper pennies was about four or five inches down, and there was a rusty bent nail located about an inch underneath it. I got a good enough penny signal that I was fairly certain there was one down there before I dug.

The best part about the coil was how hard it hit on all of those nickels. It locks on them good, with a signal range from 11-11 up to 13-14 on the ones I dug. And the majority of them locked in at 12-12 or 12-13. My Noise Cancel was 6, and I wish I had ran the Noise Cancel up to a higher number to see if that affected my numbers, like is being reported on the NEL football coil, but I forgot. Maybe next hunt.

All in all, the little Coiltek coil seems like an effective clad stabber and trash seperator. I'm not sure it is any better than the other sniper coils, but it certainly worked pretty good for me this morning. It seems like a nickeI killer too. I need to take it to an older site to see if I can get a feel for how deep it can go, and also need to take it to a fresher site to see how it hits quarters and dimes.

I have been using this coil for about 3 months I have not found any deep coins 6" max but I haven't found any with the standard coil either pin pointing is dead on recovery very easy it does go deep on other things in the ground I just haven't got any coins yet that are deep indicator is always way deeper than target is I would like to hear others opinion and or tricks to get deeper

Well, I went back to my picked-over school grounds for some more clad stabbing this morning. Managed to last about 2 1/2 hours. More nickels, some copper pennies and dimes and quarters this time too. A few of my finds were located very close to aluminum trash but the coil picked them out.

Nothing deep yet, but I haven't tried the coil at an old site. I agree that the depth indicator is basically useless with this coil, but I don't really depend on it much anyway. Yet again it sniffed out those nickels for me really well. I'm still liking it, feel like it is as good a choice as any of them for a sniper.

I got one a few weeks back because of Bryce's coil reviews from a couple years back. I had small coils for my other detectors so thought it time to get one for the Etrac also. Works really well. I used it in two tone ferrous but not 50 conductive yet. Found a silver rosie 1947 along a chain link fence line where shrubs were removed last year at the nearby park.