Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek/Anderson Shaft Combo

Bryan V

The only reason I purchased the CTX was because it was known to be one of the best detectors for finding old deep coins.
After a very short time I came to appreciate a couple of design features on the CTX that I had never given a thought to.
One was the wireless abilities and the other was how the coil just floats at a perfect langle at all times, and just lays flat when I put the detector down.
Other detectors I am always fooling with the tension and angle of the coil.
I am kind of OCD about a perfectly flush sweep.
Anyway I purchased the Coiltek 10x5 and immediately noticed because of the cable design that it would not lay flat and it put the cable in a bad pinch.
I remembered the Anderson shaft had the slot for the cable up higher on the shaft, so I decided to give one a try.
My Anderson Shaft showed up today and I was pleasantly surprised.
Not only did it work just as I had hoped but the quality of the shaft was better than I had imagined.
The shaft feels very strong and has a more smooth finish compared to the stock shaft so that it slides in and out of the upper shaft much better.
My coil now lays flat when the detector is down, and goes back into the perfect sweep angle with no fuss once I pick it back up, just like the stock coil.
Happy camper!
Bryan

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj119/bryanvarney/Finds/image_13.jpeg

Bryan,
Looks nice. :thumbup:
If I ever end up with one of those coils, I'll probably do the same.

I'm sort of picky/critical about things like that, as well.
I'm not OCD, I'm not OCD, I'm not OCD ...
:)
mike

I made my own CF shaft and added an extra 100mm as I wanted more reach. Works well and now it even feels right.

Also remove teh locating knob and rotate the shaft 180 if you have a standard ML shaft. Helps to reduce the stress on the cable restraint.. Less chance of damage to the coil wiring..

are the still dishing out those 40 cent coil bolts with that coiltek coil , sad for a 400$ coil and why I wont buy one they should be ashamed to even try con me like that !! well they didn't cause I wont buy one out of principle, spend 400 $ I want at least a stock minelab bolt.

AJ