Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek coil on the wet sand

nagov

Spent a few hours last night on the wet sand with the new coil from Coiltek for my first real test of the coil. In a nutshell, I was able to run with 30 manual for sensitivity without ANY falsing.....about the best I can do with the 11" is 25 with falsing on a good day.... normally 23 on this particular beach. Pinpointing is spot on, I don't think you lose any depth by not using the 11" but I'll hold judgment on that one for now. That coil picks up some mighty small targets and still hit on deep coins (Meter reading 10-12") it is just hard to say for sure when beach hunting, not quite like being down on your knees digging and knowing for sure how deep they are...

Now I don't know if it was just where and when I was out but I've never it two years of hunting this beach found that many nickels in 4 hours.....personal best was 26 but it was at a different beach with lots of erosion and the nickels were from the 40's - 60's....these were fresher drops....did get some silver earrings and two junk rings....all in all I like the coil although it floats which will make hunting in the water much harder.

Junk rings turned out to be SS for the band and aluminum. Both hit in the gold range and both disappointed me when I picked them up....I could tell right away they were to light to be gold. The diamond ring hit at a 12-15 and was unmarked. A specific gravity test confirmed my feelings, it is a cheap aluminum ring which makes sense too with the reading on the CTX.

Maybe next time.....gold......

Cliff

Hope you get it Max, I'd value your input on this coil to compare with what I've found so far.... wish I had the funds for the little Minelab coil to compare it to....

Cliff