Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coiltek Platypus repairable?

bklein

I am getting only 5” air test on a gold ring with my Extreme and a used Platypus coil I bought. I’m thinking it should be double this.
Can this coil be repaired as it is waterproof I’m thinking it is all epoxy. Don’t know what would cause this either. Any tips? Cable seems good.

I would think it more likely to be a connection problem within the lead or the connecting plug, it would be worth checking it out. I doubt repair of the coil would be economical, would be cheaper to purchase a new coil.

I initially tested it on a gokd ring in my backyard and it was like 5”. At a park with no emi it was 8”. May be normal?

Now i see it doesnt detect a nickel. It makes the detector sound off if the coil is moved in orientation at all. Doesn’t seem to have a bad cable connection on either end.
Im assuming Coiltek cant work on these. Sn 308 so warranty is out. Time for surgery but where to cut with the knife? Unusable as is anyway. Suggestions?

Is it solid epoxy everywhere?