Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coiltek treasure seeker 5x10, Detech 5x10 sef wss, or Nel Sharpshooter?

bik-il

Just wondering what anyone's input is on these three relatively new and similarly sized coils for the Etrac.
Trying to avoid getting more than one if in the end it is all a matter of splitting hairs performance-wise.
Or for that matter just keep the 6x8 sef?
A special thanks to those who have shared videos and advice on any of these coils already. I'm curious if anyone has tried more than one of these and what your thoughts are.
Cheers and many thanks

I had the SEF 8x6 didn't like it, sold it and bought the Coiltek 10x5 and love it. I also have gotten a chance to swing both The Sunray X5 and X8 and the Coiltek seemed as good or better than them and does what both of them do in one coil but with better ID and more stable. Now I have the Coiltek 10x5, the NEL 12x8, and the Ultimate 13", the coiltek and Ultimate are my two favorites by far. the NEL doesn't seem to sound as good as either of those two.

For me i do love the sef coils but felt the sef 5x10 didnt drag across the ground as good as coiltek treasureseeker and coiltek is solid so woods hunts were easy. Plus the coiltek found coins mixed with high amounts of trash that i could not believe. Coiltek is a little lighter.. D
Total depth i did not compare but for me it was all about what I needed the coil for ... To hunt woods with lots of brush and very trashy areas. Ive found dimes and pennies at 7 inches with good signals with coiltek so it goes as deep as i need it

it didn't lock on to the proper id as fast and wasn't as crisp sounding ... one pass over the target with the coiltek and it locks onto it and it goes plenty deep in most area's

I have been using the Sharpshooter and I think its just slighly better than my 8x6 SEF. Awesome separation and laser pinpointing. They are both awesome coils and really can't recommend one over the other. Put my stock coil on for a club hunt and it is hard to beat as well. Probably gonna leave it on for awhile.

Thanks to all for your replies!
From what I'm learning it does seem that there aren't great performances differences among the coils I mentioned, or with the 6x8 for that matter.
The important thing for me is there isn't much negative said about any of them either, which tells me I can't go wrong with any of them.
Cheers