Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

coin machines

If it is , I'm a sinner and I love it ! If no one is near the machine it's fair game . I consider it a gift from someone who can't be bothered with the change . Like Dr.John said in his song " If I don't do it , somebody else will " .

No worse than checking the coin return slot in a pay phone. If you can find a pay phone.

Fair game as far as I'm concerned John. Anyway, if they're in the return, that means the machine didn't pay out on them. The customer just didn't bother to check.
Bruce

I always check the machine at my grocery store. I mainly end up finding wheat cents and foreign coins. Get to it before someone else does. Happy "eye" hunting.

I check anytime I am in the store that has one. I have had some luck from time to time.

I don't see it is a problem but getting spotted by your neighbor might be embarrassing.

the reason i ask, found $23.00 in quarters in the slot. slot was full some were laying on the ground. with the answers i now feel less guilty

Nice score!

A bunch of years back a vending machine for snacks - started to spit out nickels.

I happen to be sitting eating lunch with another worker. He said what the hell is that noise. I got up and looked - $2.20 cents in nickels. I'll never forget it and he was pissed for not getting up.

What were all those Q's doing there?...Amazing!

I ran $13 of dirty clad through the Coinstar this morning, couple times per week I do this.....I always check the slot before dumping my stuff in!.....best find to date was a silver Canadian dime...I'm sure whoever has the local Coinstar route hates my guts...I tumble my found clad and then pour what is discolored into the Coinstar machines...

I try to space it out and not use the same one all the time, which has got to have the local CS guy saying "whatthehell?":lmfao: Hey, its not my fault the Fed makes such cheap coinage now a days!...John, dont feel bad about your lucky day...This is what we do, we are up early and we find money...have a look at what I eyeballed a few weeks ago in an inner city park!:surprised: You just dont find these Mini crunch bars everyday you know!:rofl:
Mud

Mudpuppy, yeah working for the US Mint - recyceling thier coinage is a tough low paying job. Glad you were rewarded!

Sweet find for sure!

There is one where I shop and the store is pretty crowed at time plus there is a store employee that stands 10 ft away from it but has to look in the opposite direction at the self check out lines. So most of the time they are busy.
Every time I shop i look and two out of three times there is something there. Found a copper wheat and a steel wheat and some other things. The only thing I worry about is someone seeing me take the loot and and getting the idea- COMPETITION!
If there were $ 23.00 in quarters there the odds are they would be long gone before I ever arrived to check.
Ethics?
If some one deposits and leave what they think is junk in the tray, then I would say they did not want it anymore and they were possibly too lazy to throw it away. Since the machine rejected them - Coin Star does not want them.
If you saw someone leave with coins in the reject box - it would be nice to ask them if you could have the rejects.
SO what's left is orphaned........