Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coin under foil part 2 XP DEUS II

Calabash! You are going to have to quit! lol
You have already got everybody 'hooked'! lol
I had seen another detectorist demonstrating all metal detectors will not unmask if you have the target above notched out!
The XP Deus II certainly does!
Wow! Thanks for the video!

Notch out foil... place coin under edge of foil ...hits it in multi. What does this test mean in real world hunting? I dont know yet..

I wonder how it would do with a civil war button or bullet under the foil. I can set the t2 to get rid of foil but lead and brass are gone too. Just a question

In just my personal experience of hunting our Florida beaches, I don't notch out anything. I've found that if I notch out one of our biggest nemesis, the ever present pull tab, I'd risk notching out some forms of gold as their metallurgical signatures are extremely similar and register in the same range on the VDI scale. I rely on the VDI but more so the tones to tell me what MAY lie under my coil....emphasis on MAY. Does that mean I'll dig some junk....absolutely. Had I notched out pull tabs, in just one example, I would not have come home last year with a mans 10K gold ring with 5 diamonds.

Until the state of detecting technology reaches a point of sophistication that it can reliably distinguish between gold and aluminum, I'll continue to avoid the notching option available in higher end detectors. But as I always say, that's just the view from my "beachy" foxhole. Your view may very well be different. ;)

It may be camera angle, but it looks like the coils are hitting the coil off the front end of the coil.
I would think the center of the coil would be the strongest.