Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coins and Treasury Department

stateguyt

has anyone sent in coins to the treasury department that can’t be brought into a bank
what did you have to do
how did you ship them
is there a website for that
any information is appreciated

About 7 or 8 years ago i sent $150.00 in bad clad to the US Ment , the bank can give you the address or send them for you,. It takes about 2 Mos. to get a check but they sent it to me. I just got tired of just the crap the US puts out now, after a year or two they can't be used. Now i don;t think they will take them back. Ask your bank and see.

Maybe various banks are different, but I have no problems with my bank taking $75. or so of cleaned and rolled cents and clad. The few decayed zincers I get I just toss and do try to not over whelm the tellers with a years supply of rolled coins at one time. Cleaning them obviously doesn't put them back to mint state, but good enough for someone to put as change in their pocket. If one hunts more then a few days a month, clad adds up quickly and worth the time to clean and roll. Better then getting 30 to 40 % of them rejected at a coin star. HH jim tn

I emailed the US Mint yesterday and the Mutilated coin redemption plan they used to have has been suspended with no return date as of now !!!

I tumble all my clad and separate all the pennies in a separate batch. The junk memorials get thrown out. They don't last a year or two in the ground at the soccer fields not sure if its the alloy or the fertilizer that causes them to get roached so fast.

The Penny and the Nickel cost more to produce then they are worth. Actually the Nickel is now close to 9 or 10 cents to produce! They should do away with both of them. Off-topic but I would be in favor of a two dollar coin - I bet a lot of vending machine owners would as well!

Currently local to me the standard is the coin has to recognizable and the date has to be visible (no idea why that…?). I tried CoinStar for the first time a couple days ago, outta $40 it only rejected $1.05. Those I threw in my pocket change jar and will just hide them in rolled coins later.

Currently local to me the standard is the coin has to recognizable and the date has to be visible (no idea why that…?). I tried CoinStar for the first time a couple days ago, outta $40 it only rejected $1.05. Those I threw in my pocket change jar and will just hide them in rolled coins later.
That is why some banks will not take coins that they can;t see. Tha last ones i took to my bank . i had to put my name and address on the rolls, if they were bad they know who to come after. I keep all my copper pennys and melt the zink ones and make rings out of them, they look just like silver, but not.