Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coins I found at my job this summer

Since there's too much snow to go detecting, I thought I'd post the better coins and bills that I pulled from the wild this summer.

My family runs an outdoor produce stand each summer. We grow most of the vegetables that we sell and then buy fruit from Boise and Utah to sell (our climate is too cold for it to grow well here). I've worked there my entire life to earn money to pay for school. My favorite job to do at the stand is be one of the cashiers. I enjoy it because I get to talk to everyone that comes to our market. As people pay for their produce, it also gives me a chance to glance at the change that comes in. This year was by far the best summer that I've had as far as quality of coins goes, even without the bills.

My brother came up to me one day and told me he thought he'd found a buffalo nickel. He saw it in the till and got excited that he'd found one, until he looked at the date. It was one of the new ones that they made a few years ago. He was really disappointed. The next day my wife comes up to me, hands me a coin, and asks, "Is this a good one?" I'd shown her a few things to look for and told her to keep her eye open for any different looking coins. What she dropped into my hand was the '29-S buffalo. I told her, "Yes, honey, that's a good one." and gave her a hug. You should have seen the look on my brother's face when I showed him the coin.

An old guy came in one day and had a roman looking coin in his pocket change. I asked him if I could see it and he let me. He told me that he got that and "another strange coin that had a 2 on the back" in his change. Since he was a regular customer, I asked him if he would bring it in the next time that he came. A week later, he brought it back and sure enough, someone gave him a two cent piece in his change. That's the first time I've ever seen one of those found that way. As much as I wanted to buy it from him, I told him that he'd better hold on to it. I already have a couple anyway.

Not pictured are a bunch of wheats and old Jeffersons that I also found. On my day off, someone brought in two 2 dollar US Treasury notes from the 50s that my parents wanted.
Both war nickels are P mint, the rosies are D mint, and the merc is S. The wheats are '13, '18-S, and '43. Of the 13 silver certificates, ten are 1935E, two are 1957, and one is 1957A. All of the bills are in lousy shape but still awesome to find.

Hopefully this will help get some of you out of the winter doldrums and make the off season pass a little faster. I hope everyone is having a great holiday season!

That blows me away that that many silver certificates came through one produce stand in one summer in Idaho, WOW! cool. Are you on the salmon river by chance?
Idaho PRB

Great story Jason. Thanks for sharing it and the pictures with us!

NebTrac

good finds, a lot of people don't pay attention to the coins in their pocket and someone who pays close attention will be rewarded!