Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coins on edge

foreign object

Some what following WV62s post and discussion of coins on edge.

I have two dimes buried in my test garden both on edge. The 5" one has been buried about 7 months now and the 6" one about three months. Both tilted to about the 1oclock position.

I just got my new F75 a couple weeks ago.Up until then I was working with a Nokta CoRe and a Xterra 705.

Using the Nokta with its standard coil and the small 4 1/4 x 5" coil I could hit both dimes with good id and high tone. Using DI3 which is the 3 tone mode.

Using the 705 and the standard 9" MF coil I could hit both without a problem.Also using 3 tones. The numbers seem to run high but without a doubt a dig me signal.
I put on the 6" digger coil which is low freq. and I might get a chirp on the 5" but nothing on the 6"
I then put the 5x10" hf coil and again I would hit both coins without a problem. The numbers ran higher than with the stock coil but without a doubt you would dig the target.

Moving on to the F75.
Using the stock coil, 5" DD, 6.5 elliptical concentric and the Nel Sharpshooter.
All four coils will hit both coins.The 6" was a little erratic for the 6.5 coil but still something most would dig. That coil is only 3 1/4" wide.

Looking at WV62s drawing and talking about deflection I think does have its merits when using the larger coils and lower freq. machines. Ehan using the lower freq. the larger coil may be the only way to hit some of those tilted coins. Guys I say may!!!

I know that I was working with limited low freq. machines(only one the 705) but at this time I think that if you are working with a small coil and expect to hit those severely tilted you may need a higher freq.machine.
The fact that the Omega could not hit the tilted half may have been the result of lower freq.

Any input or thoughts will be welcome.

I just wonder how many silver coins are left in the ground just because they are not laying flat.

Just my finding with what machines and coils I had to work with.

I do know that any machine and coil combination that I might buy in the future there first test will be to hit and id those two coins. No hit No Stay.

Good stuff...thanks!

Bill

Nice work! I believe that too, and I also think theres a lot of multidenom stacks of old silver with a nickel in there that skews the target as 'junk'...We all have experienced how devoid of flat clean silver targets are in public parks by now...so a guy has to figure out those 'iffys' and masked targets...Imagine what a V nickel on top of a Barber dime sounds like? Imagine what a V nickel on top of a Peace dollar signal may ping off as?

The possibilities are endless of course, slanted, stacked, on edge, multidenom, in a mason jar, or old metal cigar tin!...etc..a tight scatter of barber Q's with some nickels and pennies thrown in? Drives a guy insane!
Mud

I know this past summer I found the half that that I used for my avatar. So about ever time I go near that spot I give it another lick with the detector. I was in the area with my 1270 and a little coil so I went over to the half $ spot and the 1270 sounded off and I dug a nickel and a silver dime from the same hole within a couple of feet of where the half was dug.

Ron in WV

foreign object said:

I have two dimes buried in my test garden both on edge. The 5" one has been buried about 7 months now and the 6" one about three months. Both tilted to about the 1oclock position.

I just got my new F75 a couple weeks ago.Up until then I was working with a Nokta CoRe and a Xterra 705.

Using the Nokta with its standard coil and the small 4 1/4 x 5" coil I could hit both dimes with good id and high tone. Using DI3 which is the 3 tone mode.

Using the 705 and the standard 9" MF coil I could hit both without a problem.Also using 3 tones. The numbers seem to run high but without a doubt a dig me signal.
I put on the 6" digger coil which is low freq. and I might get a chirp on the 5" but nothing on the 6"
I then put the 5x10" hf coil and again I would hit both coins without a problem. The numbers ran higher than with the stock coil but without a doubt you would dig the target.

Moving on to the F75.
Using the stock coil, 5" DD, 6.5 elliptical concentric and the Nel Sharpshooter.
All four coils will hit both coins.The 6" was a little erratic for the 6.5 coil but still something most would dig. That coil is only 3 1/4" wide.

Looking at WV62s drawing and talking about deflection I think does have its merits when using the larger coils and lower freq. machines. Ehan using the lower freq. the larger coil may be the only way to hit some of those tilted coins. Guys I say may!!!

I know that I was working with limited low freq. machines(only one the 705) but at this time I think that if you are working with a small coil and expect to hit those severely tilted you may need a higher freq.machine.
The fact that the Omega could not hit the tilted half may have been the result of lower freq.

I just wonder how many silver coins are left in the ground just because they are not laying flat.

I do know that any machine and coil combination that I might buy in the future there first test will be to hit and id those two coins. No hit No Stay.

were you in the FA mode when you did this test? because on my T2 i know that it is different from the F75s dont seem very deep to me thats why i was wondering if you were in the FA mode or not? FA does mean fast process dosent it?

bigjon said:
foreign object said:

Moving on to the F75.

were you in the FA mode when you did this test? because on my T2 i know that it is different from the F75s dont seem very deep to me thats why i was wondering if you were in the FA mode or not? FA does mean fast process dosent it?

I was using DE and JE.
FA stands for Fast Audio which speeds up the response to targets.

I really haven't messed with FA very little. What little I have I do not really like the audio. I am sure that I will spend some time with it and try it in the field.
The 75 is fast as is so I will have to see if the extra speed is worth the audio difference.

FO