Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coins program

Whitetail

Still brand new with my Etrac. The coins program has a black line in the upper right corner. I saw where that will discriminate silver dollars? So am I to understand you are to manually open up that area and then save it to my modes and take up one of the slots? Why would they do that? What do you guys do to ensure if you do pass over a silver dollar you will be able to detect it??

Unfortunately, the stock coins program is in error...you do have to open up that top section...you will also get a lot of iron wrap-around though if you are in an area loaded with big iron chunks. This was the main reason they darkened that area, but with it dark, you will miss halves and dollars.

HH,

This pattern is a great one to start with. You can make different variations of it as well.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?63,1694421,1694421#msg-1694421

So is that what most of you guys do.....open up that area and save it to my modes and run your adjusted coins program you saved in my modes? Isn't this really a waste of a slot? Now you really have to "coins" programs. One that accepts the halves and dollars and one that does not. Lets see? Which one do I want to run? I mean the regular coins program is a waste then isn't it?

I think they intended the basic coins pattern for beginners, blocking out a lot of the iron falsing, to let new users find the normal coins you would find in modern parks and get a feel for the machine. They included the edit feature to modify the basic coins pattern to suit each hunter's particular needs. Not everyones ground will give the perfect numbers for the things you are looking for. Practicing in different soil conditions and making different patterns will give the user the best chance to find the good targets.

If your asking me I would have to say the stock coin mode isn't worth using as is. I have dug deeper silver with fe numbers bouncing down to 27. Lots in the 20 range. Open it up! Try Bill_S's park program and make adjustments to that if you like. I run 3 disc programs most all the time depending on the trash.