Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Combine has Some Trouble on 7" Pin (Vs. 50 Conductive)

earthmansurfer

I mostly run in 50 Conductive and compare all signals in an open Combine. Generally, Combine hits on all of the same targets and I do notice that 50 CO falses quite a bit - Combine doesn't. That said, Combine sometimes misses or doesn't hit as well on targets that 50 CO does. I have had this happen on two pins now and perhaps a couple of coins - not much at all. In other words, Combine usually hits on 95% of the targets that I found in 50 CO. (I can't really say in the other direction as I am just starting to hunt more in Combine as my first mode so I don't have the data yet.)

In the below video it appears that Combine has a bit of trouble on the 7" deep (small) pin. BTW - The other pin that I found was a bit more extreme, Combine completely missed on it. Of note, they were small pins. When hunting in combine be careful of audio masking - you have to develop a good ear. My point, regarding the video, is that Combine has to be more directly over the target to get a response, so it could have easily been missed.

I think because 50 CO is generally run with disc, signals often stand out better than in combine - but again, you have to train your ears. This might just be true for new hunters to Combine. If running in 50 CO make sure not to swing too quick or run your sensitivity too high as to cause too much nulling. I do run sensitivity hot though, but I'm careful.

Enjoy,
Albert

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3epd9wLtTVM[/video]

thanks for the info.. I tried 50 tone today but it was falsing so much, even at auto plus 2 that I had to switch back.. Definitely learning new things about this detector everyday..

Yeah, that is the thing Evan. 50 CO falses too much. I have tried some disc in Combine but that sort of defeats the purpose of hearing the iron. Will try it more - slowly moving away from those E-Trac sounds (it's just withdrawl) ;)
At first I didn't like Combine much but due to the falses of 50 CO I find I am using Combine more and more. I want to run both 50% of the time to be more fair and not get in any habits too soon.

Thanks guys,
Albert

Lol I hear ya.. I loved the multi tone on the trac for hunting in town, but when the yard was producing really old signals I caught myself switching over to 2 tone ferrous trying to find every target in the yard.. sort of what I am doing now.. i like hearing the tones over a target but I don't want to miss anything, especially when there is a lot of trash, there doesn't seem to false so much.. but its got its + and - for each.. definitely need to know the right setting for the situation.. for sure..I'm thinking of taking a different detector with me tomorrow relic hunting to make sure on some iffy signals.. testing straight paths is going to be difficult but I want to not miss anything.. I should have found a plate by now and from what a couple of veterans have told me they hit a little on the trashy/iffy side... depends on how hot it is again tomorrow..lol

I think the CTX will run hotter and hit deeper targets in 50 CO tones, but it falses a lot when you get into iron.

I use my Etrac 50% of the time, and still prefer it over the CTX in clean non-iron ground as I can run it red hot and it gets more depth than my CTX will in my experience. Too bad that's the only situation where the Etrac really shines, otherwise I'm grabbing my CTX.

I agree Jressman - In my somewhat iron mineralized ground the CTX seems to hit a bit better on the deeper targets in 50CO. Bryce_IL also said this in his review of the unit. But, as you mentioned, there is more falsing.

I have only hunted in moderate iron and the CTX seems very close to the E-Trac, but a bit better (especially at depth). When the iron gets heavier I think the faster recovery and improved FBS2 technology will pull more coins. When the mineralization was lower (and somewhat sandy), the CTX REALLY SHINED, it killed the spot that my E-Trac had pounded.