Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

combined function using target trace

Dr.Deus

When using combined mode and target trace with a wide open screen/0 discrimination while sifting through iron, do i have to be looking at the screen to see if the coil traces over a conductive target. or will the true conductive target sound off. when its running through iron i see a target hit in the coin area but no tone, my guess would be falsing. thanks

Would depend on which Target Separation Setting you are using. Low Trash setting will respond to whichever target has the strongest signal and will ignore the other target. In Ferrous-Coin setting, if both targets happen to be in an accepted area of the screen, the Target ID displayed will be from the coin type object (it doesn't mention audio so maybe someone else can help with that)

High Trash takes the best "accepted" target and ignores all the rejected target signals, no matter how strong they are. Since you are running wide open, whichever target has the strongest signal will be the one you hear. If you manage to get your good target under the center of the coil where the signal is the strongest, it may be enough to overide the iron and give you the signal you need to stop and check her out.