Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Come on really?

Jiminsandiego

Why not a a waterproof ( to 60 ft) sov gt? Maybe with a 180 meter on the handle. Maybe more modern batteries to make it lighter. Hip mountable! It would replace the exclaliber and make the gt awesome. The E-TRAC seems to already fit the bill for land hunting and would seem overkill for a water proof machine. If you really want wireless headphones you can pay the money and get them now (for the gt). I think for "gridding off" an area a handheld gps would be more practical. But if I were a rich, retired guy in Florida (which I'm not) I'd buy one immediately. (With a custom titanium scoop). Just two cents from a relatively new guy.
Cheers,
Jim

I like the hipmount idea. Why don't they????? White's did it with their older heavy units, like the 6000Di Series 3. I owned one. It was a true joy to use in that type of configuration. It would solve the one big major gripe of Minelabs. Weighty units. They would sell like crazy.

dumbell-curls-weightlifting-workout.jpg

Hopefully they will make a weather proof version for land only, much lighter with detachable battery pack, providing the performance is a great step up. Maybe just a bit cheaper?

I'm with you. I was hoping for an Excal/GT hybrid that was light, waterproof, and cheap. Using older (but just as deep or deeper than ANYTHING on the market, including from Minelab) BBS technology could have helped kept the cost down so it could blow the AT Pro out of the water. A simple display for VDI numbers but perhaps a few programming options to keep it cheap and simple. Come on Minelab! The market is just begging for a cheap, light, waterproof machine with a VDI display so it can be used just as comfortable on land as in the water like the AT Pro. The AT Pro is a great deal at it's price and features, but it won't hold a candle to BBS in depth and such, especially in salt water or mineralized ground. They could then elimiate the GT and the XCal and have one machine to replace them both.

I won't be surprised if we see this machine before the end of the month, all the hoopla for the May 19th Minelab events can't be just for this one machine!

That's my 2 cents!

NN