Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Come with me on a hunt.

PI JOE

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-vn8lJZmkE[/video]

Got to use my new headcam Tachyon XC Micro on the 24th of Dec. I set the cam on my bill from my baseball cap...worked out well! This spot is being worked on, Explaining why I've found coins on top of the sand. Top secret spot! ;) Enjoy

Great hunt joe, That is one productive place to hunt...wish we had places around here like that.............but a little warmer! Good job on the Visor tachyon setup..excellent aim......great vid!

Hey Joe, I know it's your first video but I'm already learning from you. I mounted my Tachyon on the bill of my cap as well and it worked great! After seeing you find those silver coins on your video I was a bit envious because I didn't know if I could ever find silver coins like that on my beaches. Funny how things work out. HH!

Very nice finds and excellent beach you have there, you just forgot to tell us where.....lol How long did you hunt? How long will the battery on your camera last? Sounds like something I could use. Good luck on your hunts and keep the videos coming, bound to be some jewelry there also. HH

Hi Joe - how close does that Tachyon focus to?
I'm interested in getting one but I have not seen any specs on the focusing abilities of the Micro and/or the HD full size version.
Thanks for the great video.
Barry

Thanks everyone! I blame Joe' OldBeechnut' for this new hobby of videos and editing! ;) John, Batterys last for 4 hrs. I hunted for 2 hrs.....barryny, I went back to the same spot yesterday and I found 2 Buff's,1 Merc and a very old key looks to be from the 20's-30's in just one hr. hunt! Don't know about the specs, But I video my finds yesterday and place it close to the cam and you can see the details of the coins! :thumbup:

http://www.tachyoninc.com/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4TQKz_ppVM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2TLFjSew0o&feature=player_embedded

Awesome finds!! Awesome video!! I am wondering, do you stop and start the video with each good signal or do you just leave it running? What size microsd card do you use? I am not very good at editing video so I would like to start and stop it with each good signal but I don't know how practical that would be after having it mounted where you want it on a hat or something. Finally 1 more question if you don't mind, how do you attach it to a hat, will the mount that comes with it work for that purpose? Thanks alot and sorry for all the questions but I am seriously thinking of getting one of these cameras to record some of my hunts. Thanks again and keep up the amazing finds and keep the videos coming, they really help with the "cabin fever"! Bootyhunter

BootyHunter said:
Awesome finds!! Awesome video!! I am wondering, do you stop and start the video with each good signal or do you just leave it running? What size microsd card do you use? I am not very good at editing video so I would like to start and stop it with each good signal but I don't know how practical that would be after having it mounted where you want it on a hat or something. Finally 1 more question if you don't mind, how do you attach it to a hat, will the mount that comes with it work for that purpose? Thanks alot and sorry for all the questions but I am seriously thinking of getting one of these cameras to record some of my hunts. Thanks again and keep up the amazing finds and keep the videos coming, they really help with the "cabin fever"! Bootyhunter

I just keep the video rolling...do all the editing with CyberLink PowerDirector 9 the best software out there I think. You can use 4,8,16 and 32 GB SDHC gotta be a CLASS 6 card! Mounting is easy...check out the pics. Glad you enjoy it! Thanks. You can use cable ties or Duel locks....can't upload my own pics, Because of the size....hope those pics help.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIU8krax8xw&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Hey thanks for the reply and the pics and yes they do help. I am looking forward to your next video, I have a camera on order and have a trip planned to the coast for later this month and hope to put up a video of my own shortly afterwards. Thanks again and I really loved the video. Good luck in the hunt, Bootyhunter.