Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Coming back to the V3i!

I was one of the first to own a V3i when it was first released and was very happy with no complaints. Last year I was wooed away by another brand with even more bells and whistles. I was never that thrilled with the new detector. I didn't think I got anymore depth than with the V3i, never used the included GPS feature, and I was afraid to really submerse it in the ocean. Additionally I did not find the target ID to be as accurate and most importantly I started developing shoulder problems. In the end, I ended up selling that detector. It took my shoulder more than 6 months to improve, using a lightweight Teknetics T2 Special Edition.

Let me say first that I really like the T2. It's a deep seeking, lightweight detector and a good deal for under $1000. But it lacks a lot of the features that I liked on the V3i. The T2 does not have any memory so it needs to be set up at each use. It also lacks the target ID capabilities of higher priced detectors like the V3i. The T2 is also very chattery which makes it hard to use in areas with homes and other sources of EMI. This really affected me earlier this week when I was asked to recover a diamond stud platinum earring. As you can see in the photo, the earring is tiny so in order to pick up the signal I had to lower the discrimination on the T2 and raise the sensitivity way up. This made it almost unbearably noisy as I was searching next to a detached garage. I eventually found the earring, but I'm not sure if the detector picked it up first or my eagle eyes. The whole time searching I was wishing I still had my V3i.

That afternoon I made a decision and now my new V3i is on its way! I'm sure I'll need to read the manual again from cover to cover and look back at some of my own posts here!

Welcome back Neil......:thumbup:

You were kicking butt using that SEF coil on the V3i. I watched all the videos you had posted and wondered why you let it go.

Hope you get the time to post more vids...they were informative and insperational.

I picked up a V3i with wireless headphones in like new condition for a great price. I like the unit a lot, even running it in 'simple mode' as I call it. Although the 8x6 SEF is not V rated, I keep that coil on it most of the time.

Anyway, good luck on your new purchase and I am sure you will be happy again !

I'm sure there will be no time needed by you Neil. Good to hear from you again.

[attachment 291237 ScreenHunter_169May.0913.52.jpg]

Welcome back. Your vids helped me decide on the V3i. I just picked up my new V last Saturday.
HH

How come that song...."Reunited and it feels so right" is playing in my head?

I am sure it will be just like riding a bike, you never forget it.

There is another saying, it may be from Whites? "Once you go black, you'll always come back":ninja:

Welcome back and says a lot about you with adjusting to the light weight machine to keep on keeping on.

good.

I live a little north of you and had pm'd you one time about v3i/iron ore soil; but at the time you had 'moved on'
very surprised on your conclusion and return from 'other brand'

I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from your setups.

Im using my V everyday. All my buddys have shyed away from whites detectors. I have stayed true with many detectors, all whites and have never been disappointed. Truly an amazing machine.

voorhees231 said:
Im using my V everyday. All my buddys have shyed away from whites detectors. I have stayed true with many detectors, all whites and have never been disappointed. Truly an amazing machine.

I was lucky enough to find not one, but two rare coins with my old V3i.

"Absence makes the heart grow fonder."