Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Comment & Coil Question

D&P-OR

You guys are REALLY makeing some good points/observations!---I'm learning some good stuff already! :thumbup:-----I think that most of us would agree that we have (one) of the best detectors on the market at this point in time (Etrac).---In our quest for coils to "match-up" with this great detector, what is your opinion (pros & cons) of the following coils (all things considered & intended area/site useage of said coils considered).-------Let's just say---6" DD Excellerator versus 5" DD Sunray X-5------6"X8" SEF versus 8" Sunray X-8------Etrac 11" DD stock coil versus 10"X12" SEF.-----Whatcha think?? :) ----------Del

I like the 10x12 sef it is mostly stable and quiet.over the stock and have found some nice silver with it.but without the swingything it can get heavey after a few hours.the 6x8 is ok not great depth but is stable also.but have not found anything over 6in. with the 6x8.

I think in hindsight, Minelab should of made the Pro coil 12 inch and not 11 inch.
At least it would of fended off people getting the 12 x 10 SEF. For what you gain depth and weight, I think going up to the 15 x 12 SEF is marginal really.
You need to have a comfortable few hours when you're out, not struggle.

The Pro coil is a cracking piece of kit however. I kinda stick with the manufacturers coils because I feel they know more about their machines than third parties do. This really is a personal view though.

Gaz.

I have the Sunray 5" and the 6" Excellerator coils. Love my Sunray but haven't used it much since I got the 6" excellerator coil. I use the 6" coil more because I get more coverage and in my opinion the 6" coil goes a tad deeper. You can't go wrong with either one.

I also have the 6X8 SEF coil and the Sunray 8" coil. Sorry to say I haven't even used the 6X8 coil yet. My Sunray 8" coil is a killer in the trash so I haven't even taken the other coil out of the box yet :shrug:

Th best coil for my E-Trac, and the one I use most of the time, is the stock 11" coil. This combo works super, even in trashy areas.