Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre Is King

Hotdawg

This past June I went into a sand competition. Both my wife and I were using Tesoro Compadre's. I use the one with the 8" coil and my wife uses the one with the 5.75" coil.
The event was sponsored by Nokta. I only saw one other person using a Tesoro. Everyone else had Minelab Equinox 800's, Manticore's, Simplex's, Legends and Deus 2.
While everyone was looking at there screens on whether to scoop or not or adjusting there menu's, I probably just scooped five times more. :ROFLMAO:
The picture shows all the coins we found in the sand and the prizes we had won above. There were these brass foreign coins with a different color on them for a different prize.
My prizes are on the left and my wife's are on the right.

Attachments

• 006.JPG
    006.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 164
  • 014.JPG
    014.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 148
  • 024.JPG
    024.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 128
  • 012.JPG
    012.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 120
  • 010.JPG
    010.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 132
  • 022.JPG
    022.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 135
  • 027.JPG
    027.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 158
Man. That is one Awesome dig. Congratulations.
Were the rings in the competition ?
May I ask where your discrimination was set ?
I almost feel like it was around zinc.
Thanks!
Yes the rings were in a separate competition. That competition they had three area's, one for kids only, one for women and one for men.
Any sand competition hunt I do my discrimination is set to as soon as I turn the knob to power on and leave it there. I keep it open.

Hotdawg.
I seem to remember reading about that competition hunt. Where was that held ?
Still beyond curious.
I have the Compadre,, Mojave and the Tejon.
How deep were the Target's ?
Some people modify the Compadre.
Do you believe the cleansweep coil would have done well there ?
Did you thumb discriminate any Targets ?
Did you two dig any trash ?
Amount of time on the Hunt's ?
What was the average age of the participants ?
I've never been on a hunt like this. Hopefully someday.

Hotdawg.
I seem to remember reading about that competition hunt. Where was that held ?
Still beyond curious.
I have the Compadre,, Mojave and the Tejon.
How deep were the Target's ?
Some people modify the Compadre.
Do you believe the cleansweep coil would have done well there ?
Did you thumb discriminate any Targets ?
Did you two dig any trash ?
Amount of time on the Hunt's ?
What was the average age of the participants ?
I've never been on a hunt like this. Hopefully someday.
It was held held in Toronto, Canada where Radioworld hosted the event and Nokta sponsored the event.
Nokta's lead team Diluk and her crew were all there.
Nokta had there own test field where you can try out there machines.
95% of all sand competitions when the coins or prize tokens are planted there just thrown into the sand so some may be just under a thin layer of sand where other's may be a bit deeper depending on how dry the sand is.
There is another sand competition coming up in September in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada where I will be attending.
There are no rules at that event in fact there are quite a few people that use Tesoro's and there clean sweep coils You just have to get that winning prize token under your coil.
Personally I still think the clean sweep coil will be slower at events like these because your racing against other people and time.
I don't touch my disc. at competitions.
Everyone digs trash.
Time of hunts - depends on the events. 30 minute's - one hour.
There were all ages at this event but most were older men(retired).

It was held held in Toronto, Canada where Radioworld hosted the event and Nokta sponsored the event.
Nokta's lead team Diluk and her crew were all there.
Nokta had there own test field where you can try out there machines.
95% of all sand competitions when the coins or prize tokens are planted there just thrown into the sand so some may be just under a thin layer of sand where other's may be a bit deeper depending on how dry the sand is.
There is another sand competition coming up in September in Penticton, British Columbia, Canada where I will be attending.
There are no rules at that event in fact there are quite a few people that use Tesoro's and there clean sweep coils You just have to get that winning prize token under your coil.
Personally I still think the clean sweep coil will be slower at events like these because your racing against other people and time.
I don't touch my disc. at competitions.
Everyone digs trash.
Time of hunts - depends on the events. 30 minute's - one hour.
There were all ages at this event but most were older men(retired).
Thanks Hotdawg.
Quite interesting. Hopefully they'll have an event in the states. I'd love to go to Garret's spring hunt.
Just to far to travel. Texas.
Love to come up to that next event.
Fished many years up there in my youth.
I was a bad boy many many years ago.
I'm banned from Canada. 😡

This past June I went into a sand competition. Both my wife and I were using Tesoro Compadre's. I use the one with the 8" coil and my wife uses the one with the 5.75" coil.
The event was sponsored by Nokta. I only saw one other person using a Tesoro. Everyone else had Minelab Equinox 800's, Manticore's, Simplex's, Legends and Deus 2.
While everyone was looking at there screens on whether to scoop or not or adjusting there menu's, I probably just scooped five times more. :ROFLMAO:
The picture shows all the coins we found in the sand and the prizes we had won above. There were these brass foreign coins with a different color on them for a different prize.
My prizes are on the left and my wife's are on the right.
Well done!

Thanks Hotdawg.
Quite interesting. Hopefully they'll have an event in the states. I'd love to go to Garret's spring hunt.
Just to far to travel. Texas.
Love to come up to that next event.
Fished many years up there in my youth.
I was a bad boy many many years ago.
I'm banned from Canada. 😡
Wow----whatever did you do to get banned from a whole country??

A friend was hired by a Canadian company to do custom gun stock engraving (beautiful works). He packed all his belongings, drove 1000 miles and was turned back at the border. Same thing, dui.

A friend was hired by a Canadian company to do custom gun stock engraving (beautiful works). He packed all his belongings, drove 1000 miles and was turned back at the border. Same thing, dui.
I guess their afraid we'll be a bad influence on a nation of drunks. 😆
Maybe canned Steve can answer that.

Great little detectors the compadre's.......proven over many years with many finds.👍👍

Compadre is a great detector to start with and highly recommended for anyone that wants to start this hobby, the price was right, it did a get job and got a person to probably dig more and get more gold and other interesting finds.
I have 4 of the Compadres for my Grand children use and used to buy others used to sell to those interested in this great hobby. Told them it is a start to get to know the hobby as it is so easy to use, if they want a better one I would give them back what they paid on a trade in for a better detector. never got one back if they did buy a better detector as they wanted to keep Compadre for anyone they wanted to detect with them.

Its too bad Tesoro went out of business as there are no Compadres to sell anymore. I also told many if you buy a new Compadre and didnt like the hobby you could resell as there is a market for them and you would lose very little. You buy a $1000 detector and dont like the hobby you would lose a lot selling it.

Rick

Very nice!
I bought a Compadre w/5.75 fixed coil. I was down and out for years now getting re-started. I gave most of my detectors away, kept a few and knew I just couldn't and still can't let the Compadre go - Hands Off!

Reactions: tvr