Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre Meet Mr Morgan

kozyman

With snow on the way and not much time before dark me and my buddy went to hunt an old one room school site. I have hunted it many times in the last 3 years or so with pretty good success. I was using my Compadre with the 7 inch coil. I got a real loud like a pop can signal, but being a long way from the road I guessed it might be a coin. Wow, about 2-3 inches down was this 1891 silver dollar.
Now I have been detecting on and off for over 38 years with Minelabs, Garrett, Fisher and Tesoro's and this is my first silver dollar.
Great dig for me. Thanks for looking

Oh WOW!!!!! That's a real beauty.:thumbup: One of those is on my wish list. Nice going.

tabman

WOW, good for you. we already got some snow here in maine. still on the ground in the shady spots. thinking the season is about over here. great find.

Dennis,
It was a pleasure to be with you when you found your Morgan ! What a great day we had in the snow !

Wow! That Morgan is a beauty! Tell Mr. Morgan I said hello and would love to meet one of his relatives!

Holey cow, it took a compadre to find that hunk of silver. I think I would sell them other things.
I think one of them silvers is on all of our bucket list. What a coin... KEN

you just happened to be the guy dumb enough to dig that aluminum can every one was passing over all these years only it was not a can . amazing find."""}}}

Thats really a great trophy for all your work! :clapping: my Wife let me check a silver Morgan she had in her treasure chest just to get an idea of the tone, that probably the only time I will ever get a coil over one, but you never know right?.:thumbup:..theres hope for us all!
Mud

That would really be something to find, a silver dollar, I have never,

Nice cartwheel, probably sounded like a crushed aluminum can......congratz:clapping:

ken ward said:
Holey cow, it took a compadre to find that hunk of silver. I think I would sell them other things.
I think one of them silvers is on all of our bucket list. What a coin... KEN

Absolutely!!! my hands would have been trembling and not from the cold either. :rofl: way to go feller. :cheers:

HH<Spider

JMC said:
Nice find. Must have felt great when you got it in hand.
Thanks. It was a great find. Still hard to believe. I look at it many times a day and show everyone that's interested