Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Compadre Nickel Killer

kozyman

Hunted an old homesite on an 1888 map I have and hit only one coin, An 1894 V nickel. In the last year I have hunted this place 2 times with my Compadre and dug an no date shield nickel and todays nickel. These detectors are murder on nickels.

That is good news. How deep was it? Darn good find with such a BIG detector. Sure fun to use... KEN

I find the Compadre a killer on all Canadian coins too. Even our large cents from the 1800's ring in loud and smooth. I took the Compadre over to my father-in-laws house today for Thanksgiving dinner, and we poked around his yard before dinner. He was getting such a kick out of it. Since there was zero chance of US nickels I just set the disc at pull tab and we dug all smooth signals. 10 coins in about 10 minutes. It was cool because even the few pieces of junk we dug were interesting because he had a story for each of them! He even commented "maybe I should get one!"

Dan

That's a great find.:cheers:

Tesoro detectors really like nickels and gold rings.

tabman

kozyman said:
ken ward said:
That is good news. How deep was it? Darn good find with such a BIG detector. Sure fun to use... KEN
4 inches
I bet it was a good signal at 4"....KEN